Silver Star Headlights

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Silver Star Headlights

Post by phr1$k37 »

Hot diggity! I really like NotDadsW41!!! Smurf down ... call 911!!! And Yes, the headlight mod is awesome!!! :rolleyes:

Peter HIDs arent bad, but for me I dont like. As NotDadsW41 pointed out some people have different er ... problems? And for me the bright white white light makes me focus for where it lights up which is not a good thing when driving far distances. I hope my post before was not a misleading post to say HIDs are bad, they are not (well aftermarkets in the wrong casing are bad because there is a lot of light stray).

97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

NotDadsW41 wrote:....Now, I'll relate a story about my personal vision. I had my eyes checked by a very good Dr. some years ago and ended up with new glasses......The eye doctor said some people have a particular, accumen(sp?) to seeing different colors(both in the light and dark):
Moderator, Cecil just said a bad word. He has no business using words like "Accumen". I demand a one week suspension for this member Tout de suite!! [-X
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

phr1$k37 wrote:
Hot diggity! I really like NotDadsW41!!! Smurf down ... call 911!!! And Yes, the headlight mod is awesome!!! :rolleyes:

Peter HIDs arent bad, but for me I dont like..... And for me the bright white white light makes me focus for where it lights up ...

Might I suggest you follow the white light next time? :muhaha: :muhaha:

:yawinkle:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Are you trying to be funny? Cause you are not ... you are stating the truth hahha.
But that is precisely the problem with me (and others) and HIDs. the foreground light is so intense and white (even if 4300K) that the eyes adjust to objects lite within the light. But you know this is probably why those crazy HIDs driving lights were invented. That and to steal more money out of our pockets.

97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!

moboman
I get chills without my van.

Post by moboman »

I have silverstars in my astro. I know they are a lot better than my old lights (cheap ones that were over 5 years old). How the old ones still lit up at all, im not sure. I wanted the blue color anyway, sooooo.

Also when I bought mine, the price of the silverstars were 20/ea, or 13/ea for good ones. I think they are worth 40 bucks!

HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

I had Silver Stars on the AWD van I sold my brother-in-law and loved them. I went to get them for my current AWD 'Stro and now they are Silver Star Ultras. Cost more yet and are way white BUT I agree with someone here who said white doesn't necessarily equate to more light down the road. I'm not happy with these at all...
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Go HIR bulbs - if you are paying the price for those suckers already might as well try the HIRs ... $55 for the two 9006? I did the 9005 as well. Then do the 4-lamp mod :) Click on my sig link to see differences.