Changed up the grill section of my van.

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
Hawaiian punch
I am merely driving my van

Changed up the grill section of my van.

Post by Hawaiian punch »

I am all about being different even if its a slightly different thing I do, so heres something I thought some of you might be interested, I cut out the chrome section of the stock grill part and blacked out the actual grill's.

The reason for this was I wanted the head lights section to stand out more then it did with the chrome strip going across.

before.....

and after....

some of you prob wont like it, some will.

safariobsession
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Changed up the grill section of my van.

Post by safariobsession »

Kinda makes it look like a Safari front end ("Poke icon") hahan not bad!
Van sold April 2009 -->

Image Image

Current Mods:

Diamond-Cut Headlights.......................Clear Corners.....
Gloss Black Wheels......P235/70-15 Firehawk Indy 500 tires
Pioneer CD/MP3 Player.....800W Legacy Amp.....Two 10" Sonys
Dynomax Super Turbo......SunPro Tach......GMC Truck Badged
Heated/Cooled Center Console......750 Watt Inverter with Custom 120V outlet

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

That's different for sure. Haven't seen that done before.

How ya likeing Tx. compared to Hi ?
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

kinda looks like my safari did, before i got the new billet grill for it, i just painted the gmc logo black. sadly though i always kinda liked the center bar on the chevys and if i owned one i probably wouldve left it stock. but it definately looks different like you said. almost looks like the aftermath of a bad front end collision too though. one change you forgot to mention but makes it look 100% better is the lack of the stupid ASTRO windshield sticker, never understood why people find the need put those on there no matter what kind of vehicle it may be.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

I likey. And not just because I've never been fond of Astro grilles :supz:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

holy crap your van is low.. where can I find more pics? 8-[

also.. what's the grill look like up close (say.. the same distance as the before pic)
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Looks like someone gave your van a nice Hawaiian Punch!! \:D/ \:D/
I'd like to see an up close shot as well.
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Topic author
Hawaiian punch

Post by Hawaiian punch »

GnarliSafari wrote:kinda looks like my safari did, before i got the new billet grill for it, i just painted the gmc logo black. sadly though i always kinda liked the center bar on the chevys and if i owned one i probably wouldve left it stock. but it definately looks different like you said. almost looks like the aftermath of a bad front end collision too though. one change you forgot to mention but makes it look 100% better is the lack of the stupid ASTRO windshield sticker, never understood why people find the need put those on there no matter what kind of vehicle it may be.
Yea I had to take that off, I like the clean look of the front windsheild.
crash wrote:holy crap your van is low.. where can I find more pics? 8-[also.. what's the grill look like up close (say.. the same distance as the before pic)
heres a link with some pics.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1197

trybe13 wrote:Looks like someone gave your van a nice Hawaiian Punch!! \:D/ \:D/
I'd like to see an up close shot as well.
LOL, no more teeth now! lol!

I'll take a closer shot some time today and post it up tonight when I get home from work.

I was thining about have some sorta plauqe (my spelling sucks guys sorry) with a logo of some sort, maybe some sorta hawaiian theme or something like that to stick in in the grill part, but it might defeat the purpose though of bringing the attention to the head lights as it does now, heck I dont know, we'll see when the time comes what I decide to do if anything.
I'm also very seriously thinking of putting on the caddi front clip, anybody haver some detailed info and instructions on how I can accomplish this as painless as possible?

Topic author
Hawaiian punch

Post by Hawaiian punch »

Rebel wrote:That's different for sure. Haven't seen that done before.

How ya likeing Tx. compared to Hi ?
I like it here, people here so far are very nice, I am very home sick right now, I miss my Dad (Mom passed on a yr on the 8th of this mouth) and hes by himself, I am the only offspring they had, I felt like I abbandoned him when I moved away, he assured me it was fine and he would do what was best for the family also but I just cant shake the thought from my head that I abbandoned him.

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

You being grown, your Dad doesn't have alot more to give you. One of those things he can do is to let you go to where you think you need to go to better yourself. That's his gift to you.
You'll go back one day. Contact him often and let him know what's going on with you.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

you should try to fit the mid section of a gmc grill in there but keep the the chrome center lines from your current grill, or lack thereof, between the headlights. it would kinda look like the 2006 gmc p/u's did if i recall. and it would be one of a kind unlike a caddy front end!
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.