my bagged van (now with specs and #'s)

Post photos, video of your van

meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Re: my bagged van (now with specs and #'s)

Post by meetthespeakers »

Sweeeeeeeeeet. Looks like you tinted the parking lamps like I did. I'll shoot some pictures next week after I get all my gear in. Our vans look like they are gonna be pretty similar. :partyman:
1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Topic author
SSAstro
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by SSAstro »

so i started my next project i'm taking the monoleaf out and putting the stock leafs back in and removing the flip kit and shaving the top leaf mounts off the axle tubes and using weld on leaf perches and shock mounts from a blazer i'll post pics up once i get all the parts here but this will help alot with the pinion angle that i have had problems with since i lowered the van i'll still get the same amount of drop but i'll get my ride quality back i did the mono leaf hoping to get more drop but did'nt so i have an extra set of leafs in my garage that are going back in i should have everything done by next week

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

SSAstro wrote:so i started my next project i'm taking the monoleaf out and putting the stock leafs back in and removing the flip kit and shaving the top leaf mounts off the axle tubes and using weld on leaf perches and shock mounts from a blazer i'll post pics up once i get all the parts here but this will help alot with the pinion angle that i have had problems with since i lowered the van i'll still get the same amount of drop but i'll get my ride quality back i did the mono leaf hoping to get more drop but did'nt so i have an extra set of leafs in my garage that are going back in i should have everything done by next week

Dude, you don't slow down! Looks great. =D>
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Topic author
SSAstro

Post by SSAstro »

i spend all my time on this thing next is the interior 250,000 miles has not been nice to this van

astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

that rub on your tire?? could that be bad?

your van looks sweet. i like it.
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

Topic author
SSAstro

Post by SSAstro »

yes its called i haven't gotten use to the fact of not turning the wheel all the way yet thats from having my stock wheels on for the winter and the big tires rubbed into the shock

Topic author
SSAstro

Post by SSAstro »

alright once it stops raining here in ohio i will get the pics up of the new leaf spring mounts i put in

Topic author
SSAstro

Post by SSAstro »

alright heres the new pics you can see where the bag mounts are now level instead of angled like before. And also you can see where the driveshaft was hitting the frame next to the gas tank i even through in a pic of it parked in front of my blazer