Leather seats?

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
wagonmaster
I finally get the smurf thing

Leather seats?

Post by wagonmaster »

I need some LT seats for my 1998 LS van. We had an LT in 1998 that we kept for several years and loved the multi adjustable leather seats. My wife and I both have back issues and would like to find a set for the 1998 LS van we bought last year. It had Tan cloth seats....
Any ideas where we could find the factory type seats??
Thanks!
Joe
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Leather seats?

Post by dunedog »

Joe, I would start by calling any and all junk/bone yards in your area.
Most are inventoried and will know what they have.
Also the seats don't have to be leather,you are looking for the electric base. Correct?
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

Topic author
wagonmaster

Post by wagonmaster »

Been there, done that...none to be found..unreal, huh?? No I WANT the leather seats, complete from an LT. My seat bases are fine and both are power already. We had a '98 LT when new and loved the seats. The LS cloth seat do not compare in comfort or support, I believe.
Thanks for the input.
Last edited by wagonmaster on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

Gotcha,...my mistake ,I thought the electric bases were an LT option.
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

this doesnt quite help you but rather than making a new topic i thought i would ask here. my 99 SLT has the hydraulic controls for both of the front buckets which according to all spec sheets was never even an option, my mom has a 00 SLE with controls only on the drivers side and i always assumed it was because of the package differences but we have the dealer brochures from both years and neither show this option. my parents ordered theirs brand new, they claim not to like leather because wisconsin winters are COLD, but i said they still could've gotten the cloth SLT interior. i on the other hand purchased mine when she was 3 years old with only 30,000miles. do any of you SLT owners have power on both fronts? did you have to custom order it? or is mine one of a kind? it doesnt have rear heat or air either which is bizzare for an SLT but i sold my middle buckets to a friend to put in his 95 cargo, and like not having vents in the floor when its completely empty. normally i just have the back split bench in it, i own a bed from a friends old conversion i would like to make interchangeable sometime. and i hacked down the middle studs and shagged the rear, it lays under all the molding and looks stock. i have removeable drawers that fit behind the bench with everything you could imagine inside. when i take it all out i have a custom peice of plywood i lay down and its quite the workhorse! this is why i like the lack of rear vents. man im rambling on sorry!
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

Topic author
wagonmaster

Post by wagonmaster »

I had a 1998 LT that we bought new, had leather seats and both were power. The passenger power seat was an option as I recall, same on my current 1998 LS with cloth seats.
Hope this helps.
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!

gman
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by gman »

searching car-part.com came back with following results for 96-99 leather seats in Fla:

1998 Seat, Front
Chevy Astro AWD,SIL,3-98,GRY,BUC ,LTHR,RFPWR
$75 Auto Parts Pros USA-FL(Lakeland) 1-863-665-7278 1-800-685-9332

1997 Seat, Front
Chevy Astro GRY,BUC,LTR,R L,NICE
$Call Davidson Used Auto Parts, Inc. USA-FL(Tampa) 1-813-635-0808

1999 Seat, Front
Chevy Astro GRY,BUC,LEA
$Call Hollands Auto Parts, Inc. USA-FL(Hollister) 386-328-1945

1998 Seat, Front
Chevy Astro GRY,BUC,LEA
$Call A-1 Used Auto & Truck Parts USA-FL(Saint-Augustine) 904-824-0103 / 800-504-1155

Hope this helps
2005 AWD - No Mods yet. Anyone want to lower it for me?

sfeaver
I sleep in my van

Post by sfeaver »

Power passenger seat was a seperate option on the LT, could be had with cloth or leather.

I am looking in the 1997 brochure but it doesnt even list it. I know it definately was available then though. The FE2 suspension isnt listed either, but that was available too. Same with limited slip, it isnt listed in the opton list either.

Scott

Topic author
wagonmaster

Post by wagonmaster »

Thanks Gman! Seems these are all grey and I have tan interior....Nice to know at least there are some out there!!

Scott,
Leather was part of a package in 1998, I had a new one with it and loved it! Both of my seats are currently power, so it doesn't matter if both are power or not, I'll just use my base(es) they are the same. Have seen several with leather in the salvage yard, but either grey or not usable.....

Thanks for all the help folks! :cheers:
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!

sfeaver
I sleep in my van

Post by sfeaver »

What color are you after? LTs only came Grey and Neutral in 1997.

Duh, I just noticed you said Tan.. I think that is the Neutral color.

Scott

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

I've got 2 leather buckets and a rear bench that I'm not planning on using, but unless you going to be near ohio, probably cheaper to find one in junkyard closer to home, or if you have a friend in insurance industry, who might find an asto van thats been in an accident.... might be able to help you.....
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Post by Moreforles »

mine are grey also.....
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Topic author
wagonmaster

Post by wagonmaster »

Thanks for trying folks! I've been looking too, but not much available. Might need to use some custom seats on my bases, like some members here have done.....Problem is that I KNOW what these seats are like, having put tens of thousands of miles on a pair of them and my wife and I both have back problems...IF I could find some Tan C5 (1998-2004)Corvette seats, that'd be WAY cool, but BIG $$$
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!