RS Decal

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
stephanie
I am merely driving my van

RS Decal

Post by stephanie »

Since this RS had the decal removed I have to put one on... I remember a long while back on the other site a post about RS decal, and I remember saying to my self I sould buy it, but didn't have a RS to put it on so I didn't get it #-o ...... And now I do so I need decal. Is there any way of buying the decal, or am I forced to make it myself? I was thinking of painting it on and I probly will, but thats if I can't get one allready done.
1993 ASTRO Ext. (my baby)
Z engine, 4.3L V6

1990 ASTRO RS (restore project)
engine??(who knows what it will be?)

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: RS Decal

Post by trybe13 »

Steph, I say paint it for that one off custom touch. :supz: We all know you have the skillz to do it! :guitar:
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

dj_joker_2002
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by dj_joker_2002 »

You may try a GM dealer or you could go to a salvage yard and take the plastic RS letters from a cavalier RS. I thought all RS and GT models were minus the rear side windows. I know my 92 Safari GT is not only minus the rear side windows but also has the louvers. But hey I'm no expert.

blake_sandman

Post by blake_sandman »

I had an RS but I didn't have anywhere to store it so it got towed. I would gave the decals away. I really wanted the rear window slats but I couldn't figure out how to take them off without breaking them.
1987 Astro: red with ghost flames, soon to be flat black. 350 V8, Edelbrock 600 carb, Hedman headers, T350 trans, B&M trans cooler, electric fan, electric fuel pump, -6AN braided fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator w/ guage, autometer guages, Optima battery, Lokar braided dipsticks and cables, Painless wires and solenoids. Parts yet to be installed: MSD ignition box, blaster coil, Russell braided brake lines, Moog steering parts, Corvette wheels, phantom grille, clears, Xenon body kit.

reaper
I sleep in my van

Post by reaper »

I guess I should let Stephanie know I bought a mini Stika vinyl cutter :peep:
90 Astro Cargo V-8
90 Artro RS - V-8 Now running!
& a bunch of tractors
"there's nothing like a V-8 Polluting the Environment"

Topic author
stephanie

Post by stephanie »

cool! now I can go decal crazy on both vans :muhaha: . My EXT has decal that stops mysteriously 8-[ , now I'll be able to finish it.
1993 ASTRO Ext. (my baby)
Z engine, 4.3L V6

1990 ASTRO RS (restore project)
engine??(who knows what it will be?)

dj_joker_2002
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by dj_joker_2002 »

Taking off the rear side louvers or slats as you called them is fairly easy, I had to remove mine for my paint job. take a long thin knife and slide it under as far as possible then move it around the outside with a cutting motion. All that holds them on is double sided molding tape.

blake_sandman

Post by blake_sandman »

Too late now anyway, someone towed it away :(
1987 Astro: red with ghost flames, soon to be flat black. 350 V8, Edelbrock 600 carb, Hedman headers, T350 trans, B&M trans cooler, electric fan, electric fuel pump, -6AN braided fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator w/ guage, autometer guages, Optima battery, Lokar braided dipsticks and cables, Painless wires and solenoids. Parts yet to be installed: MSD ignition box, blaster coil, Russell braided brake lines, Moog steering parts, Corvette wheels, phantom grille, clears, Xenon body kit.