Back from Bermuda, few pics

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Back from Bermuda, few pics

Post by BLAZER »

We rolled in from our cruise to Bermuda last night ( not that anyone missed me), still feel like I'm on the boat. Drove 12 hrs to Bayonne, New Jersey, took the "Exployer of the Seas" ( Royal Caribbean) ship to Bermuda, then back. Visited Lady Liberty before boarding ship, worth it just to see some of country's heritage, loved the old Central RR where immigrants took their first train ride to the start of the rest of their lives in America. First night was the worst water, even many veteran crew members got sick, 18-22 ft waves, half the boat got sick....it was really bad. My wife and I stayed okay, 3 members of our party got sick. Got in Bermuda, rented scooters and then it started raining 45mins later...torrential downpours all afternoon...made for some interesting scooter driving...on the left side...that took some getting used to, made the most of the day. Next morning, went to small beach we found, then wives did some shopping while the guys did some scootering...suprised we didn't get arrested for racing, got those little scooters up to 65 kph, whatever that was, guess we just fitted in with locals...they drive like nutcases!!!!!! Had to be on boat by 12:30, then back home. Trip was pretty calm on way home, wifey got small case of food poisoning from room service breakfast, she was out for the day Thurs, then drove home Friday. Our friends are already planning another cruise for 2009....going to the caribbean next time!!!!!
It was fun, but glad to be home.

Wifey and I at formal dinner
our party, right side is our church music director/wife, on left side beside me is my best friend/wife.
Kings Warf Royal Dockyard, Bermuda, the ship and the party
Hamilton Bermuda, the capital,
From ship, pics of dockyard
wifey on little beach we found
top deck of boat, one of pools...
lastly, our stateroom attendent made some cool towel animals.....

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Back from Bermuda, few pics

Post by trybe13 »

Nice pics Marty. Thanx for sharing. Even with some of the minor setbacks, sounds like it was a great vacation.

P.S. I will be getting your package out to you soon.
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Nice pics, Marty. Glad you guys had a good time. And we DID miss you. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

I didn't know you where going there.I was there in the mid 1970's and stayed at the Elbow Beach Surf Club.We shopped in Hollywood duty free.Guys got to tell ya it has some of the whitest sand I have every seen.Nice pictures Marty.

Hey,in ruff seas what do they do with the pools on board??.You would think they would spill all over.

Good to have ya back,

Gar
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

We did shop duty free, but the prices were outrageous. A $8 burger and fries in the states was $13-14 in Bermuda. We only bought stuff for kids there. Gary, the left the pools/hot tubs empty with the rough water. We did hit some rough water on way back on Weds evening and the kiddy pool kept sloushing out. It was a good trip except the weather, mostly cold/vey windy, and then rain on Bermuda, but we made the best of it and had a great time. My ribs hurt we laughed so much between the 6 of us!!!!

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Hey,,thanks for sharing the vacation and glad you guys had a good time. :bounce:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words