Jeff@AutoComputerTech.com

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: Jeff@AutoComputerTech.com

Post by GEJ »

HPbyStan wrote:Gary, Mics email doesn't work anymore and I "reverse lookup-ed" his address and someone elses name came up. I'm no help on this, sorry...

So what is your next move to resolve this Stan??.

BTW:For me I wanted to still be able to run 87 regular gas after the cam change and chip burn.I see where TBIchips.com advises against this.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

I was calmed down enough tonight to write Jeff a polite e mail detailing my problem with his computer and ask for his help. We'll see how THIS goes. At least the rest of this week is sure going better than last week so far.... HP
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

Jeff said to send the puter back because "he must have missunderstood what I wanted in programing". As if I would have asked for something that made the engine barely run, fill the crankcase with fuel, and cause a dead short that ruined a month old battery. Finally I called him to see what he thought he could do and dispite my writing everything down and sending pictures, he asked me what was wrong. Maybe he is too ignorant and illiterate to read english. SOOO, I repeat what I've been saying and he calls me a liar and says that isn't possible dispite it just happening. At this point I told him where he could install his computer and hung up. It's just a guess but I emagine he isn't going to send his POS computer back, even though I paid for it, so I could send it to anyone else to get it straightened out. Part of this is kinda funny. For all the stuff I read about people getting "stuck" on eBay, this is my first bad deal and I'm there all the time it seems ..
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

HPbyStan wrote:Jeff said to send the puter back because "he must have missunderstood what I wanted in programing". As if I would have asked for something that made the engine barely run, fill the crankcase with fuel, and cause a dead short that ruined a month old battery. Finally I called him to see what he thought he could do and dispite my writing everything down and sending pictures, he asked me what was wrong. Maybe he is too ignorant and illiterate to read english. SOOO, I repeat what I've been saying and he calls me a liar and says that isn't possible dispite it just happening. At this point I told him where he could install his computer and hung up. It's just a guess but I emagine he isn't going to send his POS computer back, even though I paid for it, so I could send it to anyone else to get it straightened out. Part of this is kinda funny. For all the stuff I read about people getting "stuck" on eBay, this is my first bad deal and I'm there all the time it seems ..

Stan-you could consider turning this into Paypal as a dispute claim.It might take awhile,but might be your best chance to recover your money.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

I just bought a used HyperTech controler on eBay for $158 and now my speedo is correct for the 3.73 gears - P255/60R15 Radial TAs and it put even some more pep in the ole 'Stros step.
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Post by Water Boy »

HPbyStan wrote:I just bought a used HyperTech controler on eBay for $158 and now my speedo is correct for the 3.73 gears - P255/60R15 Radial TAs and it put even some more pep in the ole 'Stros step.
Which model did you get?
I was told getting my beauty sleep was a waste of time.

1990 Astro (Z motor) mostly original @ 343,584 miles (552,944.8488960001 Canadian) (03/2008). Bad startup puff. Starting to spray for skeeters. Gone 06/07/08.
1993 Astro with a bad W motor. Parked next to a chicken coop in Talking Rock GA
I'm 'tween Canton and Holly Springs (North NorthWest of Atlanta GA)
I haul bottled water everyday- between 500 and 2500 pounds (226.796185 and 1,133.980925 Canadian) INSIDE the van.

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

Water Boy wrote:
HPbyStan wrote:I just bought a used HyperTech controler on eBay for $158 and now my speedo is correct for the 3.73 gears - P255/60R15 Radial TAs and it put even some more pep in the ole 'Stros step.
Which model did you get?
# 30025
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket

Topic author
HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

I finally got the screwed up computer back from ole Jeff so all I'm out at this point is the cost of the computer, the "programing" and shipping in three directions. Hopefully there is someone out there that can fix this thing if ole Jeff hasn't totally ruined it....HP
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket