Polish and Wax and detailing

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Polish and Wax and detailing

Post by phr1$k37 »

So when is the last time you detailed your ride?
I do mine often ... which is probably why most folks how have seen my LEATHER seats WANT them >.<

Anyways teens can get any vehicle dirty as heck so after the camp trip I had vacuumed, wiped and sprayed. Yesterday after dinner I took 4 hours to wash dry and wax.

I use AutoGlym products inside and for the outside just Nu-Finish as using the AutoGlym isnt worth it ... Princess gets mucked up fast and the tree sap we have here is a killer.

The Jag all AutoGlym.

I have been polishing and waxing since 12 years ago? Everything from Turtle wax (emrald, gold class), mother's and the Mcguire systems. Paste and liquid.

What do you folks use and find best for your needs?

I use Nu-Finish because it gives a good coat (you can really feel it) and brings a deeper shine to Princess than even the AutoGlym ... not to mention is like 1/3rd the cost and is all over the place to buy. I do it twice a year ;p
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Re: Polish and Wax and detailing

Post by astronut74 »

Sadly... Never. I have vacuumed it and washed the outside, but I have never waxed or polished. The main reason is the van is in need of a new paint job. There is no clear coat on the roof any more and I'm getting a light coat of suface rust. The hood is in virtually the same condition. Seems kinda silly to wax and polish only half the van...
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

thevalleyboy
I sleep in my van

Re: Polish and Wax and detailing

Post by thevalleyboy »

I just did mine in the weekend, used Turtle Wax - paste. As for why Turtle wax - it was because I had it. I usually buy what ever wax is on sale, I just bought some Mothers Carnuba and did my car this weekend also - but I didn't really like it that much - next time I'll go back to a different wax - once I've used it all! I have used Nu-Finish in the orange bottle in the past and found it works pretty good also.

As for black plastics and what not - Mothers makes a product called back to black and it is AWESOME! There aluminum mag polish works good on non-clearcoated aluminum also - tools boxes and such - not on the stro's wheels as they have a clear.... :cheers:
2001 Astro LT AWD - SOLD @ 180,200KM
Now I got a 2006 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4 x 4
to pull a Hybrid RV - 2006 Kodiak 235
Calgary, Alberta