Vietnam era Radio

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Vietnam era Radio

Post by Rebel »

Guess there are a few of us Vietnam guys still around. This is a station I listen to here at work. Sounds clips from Nam and music we listened to back in the day.
Station number 36
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/director ... rset=UTF-8
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Vietnam era Radio

Post by phr1$k37 »

Thanks for sharing!

97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

89AstroDan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 89AstroDan »

And Thanks for serving! =D>
89 Astro Shorty
3.73 G80

Topic author
Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

And Thanks for serving!
Nothing but a thing.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Too bad we never got any parades.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Too bad we never got any parades.
Ya know Mike, it was hard and never realized it to a year or so ago and I may have already mentioned this but anyway,,a friend of mine who was in my company is now about to retire from the school system in Lubbock, Tx. Last year he added my name to the Lubbuck, Tx. veterans list and each name was called out by the Senior class during a special assembly and each of us received a hand made card signed by all the class and a cert. honoring our military service. It was the first time I was ever thanked for that time and when reading the card and certificate I actually cried. Not until the day I received the card and certificate did I realize how we were treated had affected me and how much a thank you ment even when I hadn't looked to anyone for a thank you nor expected it.

Thank you Mike for giving part of your life to protecting those abroad and here at home.

VIDEO

wagonmaster
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by wagonmaster »

Good radio! I keep my satellite radios turned to mostly to the 60's music, and even the younger guys ( under 40) I play drums with play that stuff, so everyone's appy except my bride who thinks I'm stuck in the 60's, and with music it's more 50's-60's and 70's than anything else, but Ihave a lot of Van Halen and ZZ Top, etc as well to wake me up on the road!! LOL!
On the no parade deal, I wasn't looking for one when I came back, so I haven't missed it. Our town calls role for all of it's veterans on Memorial Day, and mine is included there along with the remaining WW II , Korea and RVN vets. Hand..Salute! :usa:
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Hand..Salute!
and back to ya Joe. Thanks

yep,,50 and 60's tunes for me also,,can't live without it. I'll take Mitch Ryder over Back Street Boys any day and ya might throw in a little Janice Joplin when things are a little unglued around the garage. She's a little much when the wrenching is good. :guitar:

VIDEO

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Ya know, I've never listened to any other type of radio (with the exception of Big Band and Old Radio Serials). The new stuff just doesn't make it.

Shipmates, it don't get much better. We did something about a situation that wasn't well liked, but we did it. At least we can look each other in the eyes and know.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Shipmates, it don't get much better. We did something about a situation that wasn't well liked, but we did it. At least we can look each other in the eyes and know.
:cheers: :usa:

VIDEO