newby

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
superglide57
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

newby

Post by superglide57 »

Hey folks
Glad to find ya. My name is Tony, Just got a 1995 Astro CL. 127k, seems to be in great shape, 1 owner. Everything works, and the A/C will freeze ya out. (very important here in Texas). Only had it about 4 weeks. So far all I have done is an Alpine Head unit. But I will be changing a bunch of stuff in the next few weeks and months. I am a Big round guy, so I have been researching all of the seat swap topics to get me back and down some. I have a wire welder and a ton of tools and saws and junk so fabrication should not be a problem. I am sure I will have a bunch of questions so be patient with me. I have pulled the light gray cloth 3rd row seat out and will not be using it so if anyone near me needs one, come get it. It is in perfect condition. I already have all my amps and new alpine speakers and sub box, just waiting to find the right seats to do it all at once. I have a killer piece of high dollar carpet my buddy who owns a carpet store gave me, and he is going to help me install it once I have all the wires and junk ready. Should look great with new leather seats and all. I just turned 51 last week, but I am still a kid at heart so I am excited about playing with my new toy. I wont ramble anymore right now, but I am glad to be here and I hope we have some fun together.Tony
Last edited by superglide57 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WVKayaker
I sleep in my van

Re: newby

Post by WVKayaker »

Welcome Tony and good luck with your projects...I know how it is...will be 50 in July and 1st thing I did was put in a kick butt stereo!
1999 AWD Astro purchased January 2007
2" Overland Vans Lift Kit, Add-a-Leaf, Shackles, Torsion Bars Cranked 1"
AGM Deep Cycle Marine Battery w/Isolator
Helwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited-Slip Differential
BFG AT KO 235/75/15
Cragar Nomad I Wheels

Dearly Departed 1990 RWD Shorty owned since day one.
Sold Feb 2007 with 193k miles.

LaGrasta
I sleep in my van

Post by LaGrasta »

Welcome aboard Tony. I too am still rockin' it! 41 years old, two amps, 600 watts combined, two 12" woofers and iPod compatable head unit. :guitar: :bounce: :guitar: :bounce: :guitar: :bounce:
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
:supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
1998 Astro, 246,000 miles

K&N air filter
TruCool trans cooler
2" Overland lift & 15" BFG Terrain, 3.73 gears
JET Performance SCU-2000 (Speed Control Unit)
Gabriel Ultra shocks, rear AirLift bags & sway bar
Draw-Tite Dual Port Hitch System, hitch-mounted bike rack (4), hitch-mounted cargo tray, Thule roof-mounted cargo box

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I just turned 51 last week, but I am still a kid at heart so I am excited about playing with my new toy. I wont ramble anymore right now, but I am glad to be here and I hope we have some fun together.Tony
:muhaha: :muhaha:

A youngster checking in on ASV's,,ain't that something ? Don't worry about rambling,,we kind of like it. Welcome, hang on and get the checkbook ready cause it ain't gonna be pretty. :yawinkle:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

Welcome Tony , i am also a Big round guy . the best way i've found to make the seating more comfortable is i went with a set of buckets from a dodge conversion van . they are much wider & alot more cushion. as far as the seat bases go , i found a set of swivel bases from a early astro conversion van . they are about 2" closer to the floor & what i did to get them back far enough is to make the part of the swivel base that does the swiveling , i turned it around 180 degrees . when you see how thier made you'll see why it gives you more room .
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Tony,
Glad you found this site.Like your posting alot man.I will be 61 in Sept and don't think that means anything in terms of these vans or the good folks on this site.Great to have you aboard.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome Tony. We're glad you found us. This site is awesome.Great folks and all willing to help. And I think I'm the oldest geezer on the site. The rest of you all are just a bunch of kids. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Love for these vans does not have age limits.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

Welcome Superglide57!

Oh man! You're gonna like it here! I bought my van a year ago just for puttin' around town and now I have 31" tires and a 6" lift! I would have never even thought it was possible until I came across these wonderful folks here. Good luck with your project and show us some pix of your van!

Jack
1997 SAFARI 2WD CARGO
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." Nikola Tesla

WVKayaker
I sleep in my van

Post by WVKayaker »

yeah pics!
1999 AWD Astro purchased January 2007
2" Overland Vans Lift Kit, Add-a-Leaf, Shackles, Torsion Bars Cranked 1"
AGM Deep Cycle Marine Battery w/Isolator
Helwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited-Slip Differential
BFG AT KO 235/75/15
Cragar Nomad I Wheels

Dearly Departed 1990 RWD Shorty owned since day one.
Sold Feb 2007 with 193k miles.

Jim in Indy
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Jim in Indy »

Hello and welcome!

Mild to wild,
lifted & lowered,
young and old,
bean-pole to wide load,
this be the place!

(I should write for Hallmark!)
Indy, all the horsepower you could ever imagine in one place...
Indianapolis 500, MotoGP, 400 at the Brickyard, NHRA US Nationals.

1991 Safari GT, 'B' motor, factory 4.10's. Original Owner !!!

meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Post by meetthespeakers »

Howdy! And good luck with the seats, nothing a welder can't fix and a little imagination. I got seats from a newer eclipse and made them work. Love em!
1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor