White Face Glow Gauges

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

White Face Glow Gauges

Post by meetthespeakers »

I was not going to write anything, but I figured I would share my review of this product. I picked up a set of White Face Reverse Glow Gauges for my 1998 Astro. I liked the way they turned out on my old mustang, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed with them on the Astro. It is a fairly simple install, and these Overlay I was able to put on without removing the needles, just have to slide them over. It comes with all the necessary wiring, and a dimmer knob. My beef is 2 things, they look decent during the day (especially since the stock bezel creates nice circle like white gauges), but they look way to colorful at night. It would be one thing if it were strictly blue and red, but for some reason they had to add a funky green as well. 2nd thing is I fit them snug on there against the stock face, but 2 of the needles (The Speedo, and Oil Pressure) have a jerky movement.. which means they are probably rubbing up together.

Bottom line: I am going to end up taking them off, it's just a little to "Ricey" for me. I just thought I would give the product a try. I got them off ebay, so I don't feel to bad since they cost me $12. 8-[

P.S. Unlike the picture shows, the numbers are much more crowded on the actual product. The blue circles as well are green. There is also more markers. It seems way to busy, and colorful. Thats my .02.
1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Re: White Face Glow Gauges

I'm thinking about either just going back to stock or maybe trying these:

They are white during the day, and at night they are the stock color. I might have to think about it, they are made by NR auto gauge. Thoughts?
http://www.nrauto.com/special_index.htm

wagonmaster
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by wagonmaster »

I bought the "cheapie" off of an ebay vendor, and they look good. I would caution anyone to install it carefully as they can rub and impede the gauges form being accurate. Had to resposition mine, as my speedo would hardly move! The night feature looks just like the photo, no green at all and you can adjust the intensity to bright blue or dark, as you wish, with the small adjusting knob that comes with the kit. Daytime is nice, I repainted my needles with a "dayglo' hi intensity yellow/green color, but the red shows through at night on some needles....If I had it to do over, I'd do it in a minute, but I'd keep the needles bright orange!
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

wagonmaster wrote:I would caution anyone to install it carefully as they can rub and impede the gauges form being accurate. Had to resposition mine, as my speedo would hardly move!
This is exactly what I have happening. I even used some tape on the corners to make sure it stayed put and layed flat. Still, it was not as pictured. Mine came with a dimmer as well, but the centers are def green, numbers blue, and kph are a bright red. It just looks really cheap at night. I will probably go back to stock as soon as I get my new headunit. I wish I could switch out the needles for some newer corvette needles that are a bright red... hmmm....