Gun owners win this one

Post by GEJ »

Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Gun owners win this one

Post by peter »

HOLY CRAP!!!

You lucky americans. At least your right to keep'n bear arms is in your constitution. I Canada, we have to ask permission to bitchslap someone while defending our lives. ](*,)
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by CaptSquid »

How far in advance must you submit that request and how long is it good for?
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Well, there's the registered letter. Gotta wait for confirmation of receipt. Then there's the matter of asking the armed intruder/attacker if he has any predispositional allergy to bullets...... ](*,)
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

And I suppose that there's a mandatory physical of the miscreant prior to the act by your Health Care System...
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Jim in Indy
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Jim in Indy »

I'm thrilled with the High Court's decision.... yet worried that 4 of the justices tried to amend the Constitution on their own.

Chicago & SF can just kiss it.... now the good guys will be on even footing.
Indy, all the horsepower you could ever imagine in one place...
Indianapolis 500, MotoGP, 400 at the Brickyard, NHRA US Nationals.

1991 Safari GT, 'B' motor, factory 4.10's. Original Owner !!!

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Jim in Indy wrote:I'm thrilled with the High Court's decision.... yet worried that 4 of the justices tried to amend the Constitution on their own.

Jim,
The forum I got this from did state that still the bad guys are likely still better armed than the normal home owner.In fact one poster to that thread stated he read a newspaper article where a home owner shot a bad guy 4 times with a .38 and still the bad guy killed the home owner before he died.The poster stated he then went out and bought a .357 because of that.The other thing I think is important is to realize the bad guys work off a whole different set of morals than we do.They would be more likely to pull a trigger than we would I think.Just to have a gun for the sole purpose of scaring someone is a really bad reason to have it in the first place.If you are unwilling to shoot,I think it is more likely the bad guy will take the gun away and use it against the gun owner.Training for sure beyond just gun safety where your schooled when to shoot and when not to so you don't end up screwing up your life shooting some low life.Just having laws giving the right to bear arms isn't enough.The right to use those arms, I think the courts are turned upside down in those decisions,is also needed.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

we have to ask permission to bitchslap someone while defending our lives.
Our Gov.is busting their :butthead: to get us there as fast as possible.

We had 4 who went the other way so won't be long.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Hotroder383
I get chills without my van.

Post by Hotroder383 »

I agree, if you are unwilling to actually use the gun then do NOT buy one. My father always said If you arent willing to kill them dont point the gun at them. I agree to this day. A weapon will only escalate<sp> the sitaution. So while I agree every Amercian citizen should be allowed to own AND carry a firearm I also know you need training and the will to use it.
93 GMC Safari SOLD stilll see her drivein around every so often =/

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I agree, if you are unwilling to actually use the gun then do NOT buy one. My father always said If you arent willing to kill them dont point the gun at them. I agree to this day. A weapon will only escalate<sp> the sitaution. So while I agree every Amercian citizen should be allowed to own AND carry a firearm I also know you need training and the will to use it.
Agree 100%. If you don't have what it takes to pull the trigger,,hide or take a chance and run as fast as you can because they will use their gun.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

I have no problem with dropping some SOB that's about to do harm to me or anyone I'm in the company of. Marine Corp training. You kill the fu#%@#&*ing enemy. The two most important words: DON'T HESITATE!!!!!!! Remember Charlton's words, "From my cold dead hands".
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

move on down ta Texas, we have concealed carry licenses. Had them for quite a while now actually. So far, no licensee has gone to jail for an unrighteous shoot. I won't go so far as to say the crime rate has gone down, but at least we are on equal footing. In Texas, if some fool breaks into your house, you have the right to shoot him dead. Actually there are very few incidents where a licensee has had to draw his or her weapon. Law abiding citizens carrying weapons do apply their gray matter to the circumstances.
I don't carry, but I do have a 3 inch magnum 12 gage under my bed. Mister robber meet mister slug, and if that misses, meet mister buckshot...twice. ( I really do need to pull that plug, then it'd be 4 times )
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Jim in Indy
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Jim in Indy »

GEJ wrote:
Jim in Indy wrote:I'm thrilled with the High Court's decision.... yet worried that 4 of the justices tried to amend the Constitution on their own.

Jim,
The forum I got this from did state that still the bad guys are likely still better armed than the normal home owner.In fact one poster to that thread stated he read a newspaper article where a home owner shot a bad guy 4 times with a .38 and still the bad guy killed the home owner before he died.The poster stated he then went out and bought a .357 because of that.The other thing I think is important is to realize the bad guys work off a whole different set of morals than we do.They would be more likely to pull a trigger than we would I think.Just to have a gun for the sole purpose of scaring someone is a really bad reason to have it in the first place.If you are unwilling to shoot,I think it is more likely the bad guy will take the gun away and use it against the gun owner.Training for sure beyond just gun safety where your schooled when to shoot and when not to so you don't end up screwing up your life shooting some low life.Just having laws giving the right to bear arms isn't enough.The right to use those arms, I think the courts are turned upside down in those decisions,is also needed.
Gary, I'm a retired USAF SrNCO, and believe me when I say I have the training and the will to use a firearm. I do realize the responsibility that our 2nd Amendment carries with it, and take that responsibility very seriously. I have family that are part of the Michigan State Police, (both are Post Commanders), and yes... I have employed a weapon in self defense.
Indy, all the horsepower you could ever imagine in one place...
Indianapolis 500, MotoGP, 400 at the Brickyard, NHRA US Nationals.

1991 Safari GT, 'B' motor, factory 4.10's. Original Owner !!!

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Jim in Indy wrote:
GEJ wrote:

Jim,
Gary, I'm a retired USAF SrNCO, and believe me when I say I have the training and the will to use a firearm. I do realize the responsibility that our 2nd Amendment carries with it, and take that responsibility very seriously. I have family that are part of the Michigan State Police, (both are Post Commanders), and yes... I have employed a weapon in self defense.

Now Jim-my comments are not directed at you personally. #-o #-o Moreover they are directed at the laws that are needed to be changed for people who are forced into using a gun for self defense.As the saying goes,I would rather have 12 judge me over having 6 carry me.The other item Jim,you can't say that most gun owners have the backround that you do for training.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

JPaganel
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by JPaganel »

GEJ wrote: The forum I got this from did state that still the bad guys are likely still better armed than the normal home owner.
1. Define a normal home owner. Some guys I know could fight off multiple zombie invasions. 2. I don't buy that. A legal gun owner is usually an enthusiast, guns are a hobby to him. They will be well taken care of, cleaned, fed proper ammo and exercised regularly. A crook will buy a gun out of a car trunk with what ammo is in it, along with a pound of dirt. One of the boards where I hang out had a thread posted by a police officer about a gun he took off a gangbanger he arrested. Out of the 8 rounds in the magazine no two were the same, and one was even the wrong caliber. For ages the most common criminal gun was a .38 revolver, and only recently the 9mm started catching up and surpassing it.
GEJ wrote: In fact one poster to that thread stated he read a newspaper article where a home owner shot a bad guy 4 times with a .38 and still the bad guy killed the home owner before he died.The poster stated he then went out and bought a .357 because of that.
There is no replacement for shot placement. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting again. Shoulda shot him six times.

Smartass remarks aside, these things happen. There was a policeman not too long ago who got shot in the heart and ran a full city block trying to catch the guy who shot him before dying. On the other hand, people drop dead from a single .22 pretty regularly. Nothing is 100% guaranteed, hand cannon or not.
Black 85 - RIP, gone to the crusher
Blue 88 - RIP, gone to the crusher
Gray 88 - Seeya, hope your new owner treats you well
Beige 93 - Motor blown, wanna buy it for a V8 project?