Playing with Lightning!!

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Archiev
I am merely driving my van

Playing with Lightning!!

Post by Archiev »

A couple of weekends ago, I took the family down to Somerset Ky. for a neices birthday. Six if us in the Astro. This was the weekend of the Somer nights cruise.I'm sitting two lights from my turn when I hear the engine rumble behind me. I look in my rearview and see a 99 ford lightning pulling up beside me. Flomaster wxhaust rumbling and truck quivering. I guess he wanted to show me I was stuck in a mini van and he was'nt. Well, light turns green and I jump him off the line. I hear his motor rev and see his bumper coming up beside my window so I press the gas a little more and pull away. I hear him get a little louder and give mine more gas, staying ahead of him.He finally gets mad and floors his truck and gets beside me. I let off the gas and hit the turn signal. You could see him pounding on his steering wheel and yelling at me.I turned and went on to my sister-in-laws. Moral I guess is dont laugh at an Astro. It will surprise you. :poke: :muhaha:
Quando Omni Flunkas Moritati
(loosley translated, when all else fails, play dead)

reaper
I sleep in my van

Re: Playing with Lightning!!

Post by reaper »

Wow,my van has an 8 & there's no way I'll keep up to a lightning.... :poke:
90 Astro Cargo V-8
90 Artro RS - V-8 Now running!
& a bunch of tractors
"there's nothing like a V-8 Polluting the Environment"

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

I hate to tell you but it isn't worth the price of the gas for the guy in the lightning to blow the doors off a astro. They will eat a 5.0L mustang easy.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Kidhauler wrote:I hate to tell you but it isn't worth the price of the gas for the guy in the lightning to blow the doors off a astro. They will eat a 5.0L mustang easy.

Pardon me!? It is always worth the look on their face! Dude yes it is. For me since I have a mid-V6 and no V8 I like to use the vehicle size to obstruct view and move at the last moment :p <- young and stupid.

97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Topic author
Archiev

Post by Archiev »

Well Kidhauler, he was trying very hard not to let the family van embarass him. I know what a motor sounds like at full throttle. He had the lightning doing everything it would do when he finally went around me. Like I said, I was just playing. Evidently he took it seriously tho.
Quando Omni Flunkas Moritati
(loosley translated, when all else fails, play dead)