pocket bikes

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

pocket bikes

Post by astrosafari »

hey strangers...
i been messing around with my pocket bikes lately and i have come to some problems.
the carb is always over flowing. i have had the carb off and apart so many times and i swapped some parts from another carb as well. its a 47cc or 49cc motor
thats like my carb.

it doesnt leak when the bike is running tho. i turn the gas on for a few seconds, till it drips a little, then shut the gas off wait for it to stop dripping and pull it a few times... then if i ever get it running, i turn the gas on and go.

some one tld me to clean it better. so ill try that. any other ideas?
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: pocket bikes

Post by potskie »

make sure the seals and seal mating surfaces for the bowl are clean and sealing. Also check to make sure the needle valve or the float are not sticking open.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

89AstroDan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 89AstroDan »

I had the same problem with my sons pocket bike. It took me several tries to make it stop. I ended up soaking it overnite and sprayed it out with brake cleaner. It finally worked right after that.
89 Astro Shorty
3.73 G80

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Post by astronut74 »

your float needle may be worn and not seating properly. or possibly the float level may not be adjusted properly. do you have a service manual for it? If so, it should list the spec for float height as well as how to properly measure the float height.

Also, swapping parts from other carbs may not be the best thing, unless they are the EXACT carb off the EXACT bike. Carb internals can vary between models.
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater