Letter of Recommendation - Suggestions

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Letter of Recommendation - Suggestions

Post by Water Boy »

Letters Of Recommendation Phrases

Have to write a letter of recommendation for that fired employee?
Here are a few suggested phrases:

For the chronically absent:
"A man like him is hard to find."
"It seemed her career was just taking off."

For the office drunk:
"I feel his real talent is wasted here."
"We generally found him loaded with work to do."
"Every hour with him was a happy hour."

For an employee with no ambition:
"He could not care less about the number of hours he had to put in."
"You would indeed be fortunate to get this person to work for you."

For an employee who is so unproductive that the job is better left unfilled:

"I can assure you that no person would be better for the job."

For an employee who is not worth further consideration as a job candidate:
"I would urge you to waste no time in making this candidate an offer of employment."
"All in all, I cannot say enough good things about this candidate or recommend him too highly."

For a stupid employee:
"There is nothing you can teach a man like him."
"I most enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever."

For a dishonest employee:
"Her true ability was deceiving."
"He's an unbelievable worker."
I was told getting my beauty sleep was a waste of time.

1990 Astro (Z motor) mostly original @ 343,584 miles (552,944.8488960001 Canadian) (03/2008). Bad startup puff. Starting to spray for skeeters. Gone 06/07/08.
1993 Astro with a bad W motor. Parked next to a chicken coop in Talking Rock GA
I'm 'tween Canton and Holly Springs (North NorthWest of Atlanta GA)
I haul bottled water everyday- between 500 and 2500 pounds (226.796185 and 1,133.980925 Canadian) INSIDE the van.

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Letter of Recommendation - Suggestions

Post by phr1$k37 »

LOL - Waterboy you are awesome. Keep them coming.
Sadly we have a worker here who disappears a lot :p
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

He is probably just posting on some van forums instead of actually working. :poke:

Every job site has atleast one idiot, it doesn't even matter if you have a small work force there will be one class clown, one guy who calls in sick all the time, and one guy who does all the work the others don't just to keep the company running.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

wait I'm writing this down....
We have a kid that disappears and walks to the mall two blocks away...because..."he doesn't like our restrooms". If it was up to me I'd have fired him on the spot first incident. I can't find a word to describe how clueless, out of touch, lack of work ethic...
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

If he doesn't like the restrooms at work make him clean them untill he does like them. Unless he is leaving on his coffee break I would can him instantly for not working.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

I'd love to do that. But in today's pc climate it probably would have promulgate a lawsuit.
I have finally reached the level in my company where I can fire miscreants. The individual in question just doesn't happen to work under me at the moment. I heard this second hand in a staff meeting. When I got promoted, the company owners gave me the baptism of fire and had me do the "exit interview" and fire an "underperforming" employee. He did work under me. They either didn't have the cajones to do it, or they thought it would be an object lesson for me as a "leader" in the company. I fired the kid no problem, then I gave them hell for not warning the kid about his lack of performance. They had just been passing him around from team to team. The references in the original post crack me up, mostly because on the subject I'm black or white. You do good you get glowing references from me. You suck, don't list me as a reference. With me there is no in between, pc bull s..t pass / fail.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Kidhauler wrote:
He is probably just posting on some van forums instead of actually working. :poke:

Every job site has atleast one idiot, it doesn't even matter if you have a small work force there will be one class clown, one guy who calls in sick all the time, and one guy who does all the work the others don't just to keep the company running.
How true....... I'm both the class clown and the guy who does what the others don't / missed. But that's part of being the boss :P

The guy who calls in sick all the time is very close to never coming back.

Why the heck should I allow him to miss 4 or so days a month. I haven't taken a day off at all in almost 3 weeks. The rest of my guys only get 1 day a week and some don't even take it. So why should he get a bunch of extra days that = lost hours. Usually 32 or so man hours a month. Or over $1000 in billable hours.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Kidhauler wrote: He is probably just posting on some van forums instead of actually working. :poke:

Sadly we were just told by our boss he is done and gone next week. :(
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"