-Big Blue Update

Post photos, video of your van

blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Re: -Big Blue Update

Post by blk lt awd »

meetthespeakers wrote:Do you guys think the rims I have on there look like 18" rims? I never would have dreamed of going that big on the van, I thought the 17's were big before, now these 18's look almost a hair small. I think it has a lot to do with how the polished lip rolls up....

do it man, go 20's. can't go wrong with dubs! just drive slow over the bumps....hahah....

lookin real good though....i just wish my progress was as fast as yours....starting to envy you. hahha. :swords:
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

[quote="meetthespeakers"]Do you guys think the rims I have on there look like 18" rims? I never would have dreamed of going that big on the van, I thought the 17's were big before, now these 18's look almost a hair small. I think it has a lot to do with how the polished lip rolls up....[/quot

The wheels look great; the tires need some high gloss armorall! :poke: (You asked!)
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Post by meetthespeakers »

Yes... I know, armoral. :dunce: Here is the latest on the exhaust now that it is done. Oh and it's 3" catback, Gibson muffler, and a 3 1/2" Gibson Tip. The tip looks like it could have been a hair bigger, I wanted to do a dual tip, but there was no way it would have fit in the opening since it's only 4.5" wide. :poke:

1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Looks good :supz:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

meetthespeakers wrote:Yes... I know, armoral. :dunce: Here is the latest on the exhaust now that it is done. Oh and it's 3" catback, Gibson muffler, and a 3 1/2" Gibson Tip. The tip looks like it could have been a hair bigger, I wanted to do a dual tip, but there was no way it would have fit in the opening since it's only 4.5" wide. :poke:
i have that exact same rear valance, and i have a flowmaster 40 with dual 2.5"s running side by side out of the hole no problem, i dont have tips on the pipes, its stainless steel an i kinda like the way it looks without, but i think i could cram some in there if i really wanted to.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

wagonmaster
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by wagonmaster »

Good looking van! How do you like the headlights, and where did you get them??
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

GnarliSafari wrote: i have that exact same rear valance, and i have a flowmaster 40 with dual 2.5"s running side by side out of the hole no problem, i dont have tips on the pipes, its stainless steel an i kinda like the way it looks without, but i think i could cram some in there if i really wanted to.
How do you like the flowmaster, I actually have one sitting in the shed (3" to dual 2.5" out). I was gonna try doing a dual out and maybe one day I will if I get really bored and have more cash and time to blow. Did you find the rear valence kind of a pain in the ass to mount? The should have made it roll up into the door section so you could have screwed it from the top. How did you mount yours, just with the supplied tape?
wagonmaster wrote:Good looking van! How do you like the headlights, and where did you get them??
I got the headlights off ebay for $100. I had the sealed headlights before with the other style grill. So I swapped the wiring, grill, and headlights in with the best bulbs I could buy. So comparing it to the previous headlights these are a dream... but they still do leave something to be desired compared to a new car.

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

yes, it doesnt fit as tight to the van as i would have liked, i used the supplied tape, lots of screws in the wheel wells, and made some brackets for the backside to help keep it from sagging, there isnt much to mount to though. in the winter months it tightens up and fits all the curves perfectly but in the hot summer sun little gaps tend to appear. it almost looks like you ran one screw right through the middle of yours... is that true or is it just the picture? as for the flowmaaster i like it, ive had it for a couple years now along with the magnaflow cat. the guys who did it for me have a nice bender so its all countinous, no hacks and welds like some jobs ive seen. it is a little noisy from time to time. i like the fact that its very distinguishable i get a lot of questions on it. however for work i drive a 2002 Chevy 2500HD it too has flowmasters but its dual in and single out keeping it somewhat stock looking i'd say they are about 4inch pipes but it must be like a 30 or maybe even a 20 because even with the 6.0 its not as loud as mine. if i were to do it all over again i would probably get a more mellow one, but if it aint broke why fix it?
Last edited by GnarliSafari on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Haha, yea the first thing I was going to try and do was run one right in the middle and patch it back up. But that didn't work worth a crap. So I ended up going to home depot and buying angle brackets and screwed those into the back and then up into the bumper. Seems to be helping a lot, and really the only way to do it. I swear aftermarket parts... So now I have to fix that hole which I didn't need to drill. :rolleyes:

wagonmaster
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by wagonmaster »

Thanks for the info. I thought I had some bought through ebay, but they turned out to be for the single headlight style, like on the cargo vans...Need some like yours.
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

Topic author
meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Post by blk lt awd »

meetthespeakers wrote:Haha, yea the first thing I was going to try and do was run one right in the middle and patch it back up. But that didn't work worth a crap. So I ended up going to home depot and buying angle brackets and screwed those into the back and then up into the bumper. Seems to be helping a lot, and really the only way to do it. I swear aftermarket parts... So now I have to fix that hole which I didn't need to drill. :rolleyes:
double sided tape sucks....i don't know why they even include it with kits.....a better way to go is go to any windshield repair shop and buy a tube of urethane......apply liberally to the backside....squeeze against the van body and hold using clamps...make sure u tape off the area of body above the kit where the extra urethane will squeeze out...makes life way easier when u have to clean up....pull the tape off while the urethane is still wet and wipe off the excess....in the meantime, while glue is drying, use a couple of screws to hold it in the wheel wells.....once dry use clear seam sealer on the seams to give it a clean line and paint it....... now enjoy
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/