A/c compresssor

Radiator, thermostat, water pump, antifreeze, etc.

Topic author
92astro
I finally get the smurf thing

A/c compresssor

Post by 92astro »

when i have my a/c on max and on speed 3 it blows super cold at idle at the same setting the compressor never cycles but when i change it to the lowest fan setting it still blows real cold but at idle the compressor cycles so is this all normal? the a/c does work great blows very cold air quickly this is my 1992 astro which i converted to r-134a which seems to be very succesfull blows just as cold if not colder than r-12.!! on the highest fan setteng the compressor does cycle while i am driveing still blows very cold!!
bryan in oklahoma i have a 1992 chevy astro with 174,000 miles runs and drives very good with a couple of issues nothing major future mods: 350 smallblock v-8 simple and easy!!, tach, rims and others!!current mods:15%tinted windows

s10-den
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: A/c compresssor

Post by s10-den »

Yes that is normal.Reason being,when you have it on low(fan) the blower motor is not pulling all the cold air out of the system,there for there is no need for the compressor to stay on full duty....Just about every car/truck/van I have owned does that
94 Astro cargo EXT----Bought specifically to mod!!Will be tbi 350 v8 and new front end conversion
Done so many v8 s10's their old news