The pig got her report card

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

The pig got her report card

Post by kings-x59 »

Sweeeet!
Got my yearly safety and emissions inspection done yesterday.
HC low speed standard 183...pig's score 121
HC high speed standard 179..pig's score 119
Co high speed standard 2.22...pig's score 0.37
Co low speed standard 1.65.... pig's score 0.41
NOx high speed standard 1161.. pig's score 444
NOx low speed standard 1262...pig's score 712

not bad eh?
Kinda proud I am, I've done a lot to rehab this engine from the pos it was when I got it.

funny thing, I was concerned about passing emissions because I didn't think my engine was running as good as it should.
Last year I was watching the HC readings as the test was being done, and it was pushing the upper limit.

this year I remembered to check the freakin license plate bulb and make sure the heater tube from the exhaust manifold to the air cleaner housing was in place...which I immediately removed once the test was done.
(I removed the baffle in the air cleaner housing years ago to reduce the intake restriction) With the tube on, very hot air gets sucked in. One of these days I'll cap the fitting on the air cleaner.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Re: The pig got her report card

Post by astronut74 »

Well that's good to hear. :cheers:
We don't have emissions testing where I live, other counties in Florida do though. And although we don't have it, I'm curious as to how my van would do. Wonder if I could just drive to another county and get it checked out?
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater