rear buckets,do they fit the front mounts?

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
s10-den
I finally get the smurf thing

rear buckets,do they fit the front mounts?

Post by s10-den »

Was at the junkyard this morning,found some super nice and clean buckets with the armrests on them,(the second row)will the seats mount right back up to the front mounts on my 94?Mine dont have the arm rests.The other van is a 98 I think.
I did search,but no info on that... :-s
94 Astro cargo EXT----Bought specifically to mod!!Will be tbi 350 v8 and new front end conversion
Done so many v8 s10's their old news

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: rear buckets,do they fit the front mounts?

Post by Rebel »

Not sure on yours but on my 89, the driver seat is a second row behind driver from a later Astro but not sure of year. There was a seat belt mount change but wasn't a big deal.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Post by astronut74 »

The actual bases that the seats mount to are the same and should mount up no problem. But yes, the seat belt systems are different. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though because they are both over the shoulder seat belts. I believe the latches are the same.
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

Jim in Indy

Post by Jim in Indy »

In the 91's it was a front to back swap on the left (drivers side). Dunno about the passenger side.
Indy, all the horsepower you could ever imagine in one place...
Indianapolis 500, MotoGP, 400 at the Brickyard, NHRA US Nationals.

1991 Safari GT, 'B' motor, factory 4.10's. Original Owner !!!

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

I HAD a power driver's seat until the pot metal base broke. I swapped the left-rear seat (middle row) to the driver's seat with no probs. The only thing that I haven't removed is the seat belt retractor. The latches are the same.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

There is one issue I had forgotten about. The second row driver side seat that I moved to driver had an armrest on both sides and I found that when the armrest was down it came in contact with armrest on driver door. The door will still shut without any problem but close. When that same arm rest is up it's a pretty tight fit between post and outside edge of seat back. If the second row seats you found are from a conversion they may have wider arm rests than mine and find that you'll have to remove the seat arm rest on door side after moving to driver location.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
s10-den

Post by s10-den »

Gotcha, thanks fellas.Yes, it is(was) a conversion van...lol
I just like to kick back and ride when in the van, armrests are so nice...
94 Astro cargo EXT----Bought specifically to mod!!Will be tbi 350 v8 and new front end conversion
Done so many v8 s10's their old news