temperature sensor for the gauge

Topic author
92astro
I finally get the smurf thing

temperature sensor for the gauge

Post by 92astro »

i am talking about the one in the drivers side head in between cyl. 3 and 5 is it one wire and can someone post a pic this for the gauge. 1992 astro
bryan in oklahoma i have a 1992 chevy astro with 174,000 miles runs and drives very good with a couple of issues nothing major future mods: 350 smallblock v-8 simple and easy!!, tach, rims and others!!current mods:15%tinted windows

skippy
I sleep in my van

Re: temperature sensor for the gauge

Post by skippy »

what ?????????????????
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Bryan, I'm going to have to echo Skippy's thoughts on this one...What are you asking for?
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

Topic author
92astro

Post by 92astro »

temp. sender unit for the gauge
bryan in oklahoma i have a 1992 chevy astro with 174,000 miles runs and drives very good with a couple of issues nothing major future mods: 350 smallblock v-8 simple and easy!!, tach, rims and others!!current mods:15%tinted windows

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

on a 92 the temp sender with gauge and temp sensor are very different looking .. here's the pic of the one you are asking for..

temp sender with gauge

Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

dj_joker_2002

Post by dj_joker_2002 »

I have a 92 and my sending unit looks like that with one exception,
Instead of the flat piece on the picture mine has a round flat disc like end
and the plastic clip on the wire slides onto it and is suppose to lock but doesn't ( probably melted some)

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

DJ, what you describe is what my 89 Astro has for the temperature gauge sender. It's also very easy to slide the sensor wire off...gotta be careful when working around the temperature sender.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.