Tropical Storm Fay

Non technical and off-topic discussion

CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: TS Fay

Post by CaptSquid »

No gots twisters up here, neither, Dorothy.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Gots no OCEAN either. And a landlocked Squiddy is just wrong! :poke:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Dat's where you is wrong, DL. We gots an ocean. We at the bottom of it, that's all.
98 AWD Stro LS

ImageImage

astrogus
I am smitten with my van

Tropical storm Fay

Post by astrogus »

Down the street from my house. Image
1997 Astro LS 152k

Drooler
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Tropical storm Fay

Post by Drooler »

Sister lives in Cocoa Beach dumped on them all day yesterday and is still dumping. center is about over them but still on land - moving 5MPH damn slow looks like they will be getting it most of today too.
Drooler
aka
HarryB
1988 Astro CL 172K miles Factory F&R Sway bars stock except
for 15x7 GM Alloys with 225x70 tires.
RIP 1994-2010 driven 140K. Time, wear, and my health sent it
to the trade in block 9/10/10.

wagonmaster
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by wagonmaster »

We are south of them just west of W.Palm Beach...Had a LOT of rain and wind, but nothing like the hurricanes of recent years. The main problems were the Tornados associated with the "strong" side of the storm that we were on. Several touched down in So. Florida with some significant damage, but no loss of life to my knowledge...Lucky us! This storm actually got stronger after it came ashore, which isn't supposed to happen. The consensus is that the Everglades water was even warmer than the Gulf waters, ergo, the storm liked it! The slow pace is maddening, however! Looks like it will head off into the Atlantic and then swing back into Florida around St. Augustine/Jacsonville areas. Fay isn't done yet!! :swords:
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Hey, Chrissy. I'm with you on the pink flamingos. Squiddy is just jealous because his primary job on the barge is cleaning up seagull poop. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Orlando is getting just enough rain to keep things wet. No flooding and not much wind. And that's OK. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I misplaced my Pink Flamingo lights some time ago, Mr Rebel. I put them away for Christmas & now I can't find them anywhere!! My oldest daughter got me those 3 years ago. They were BEAUTIFUL!
DL,,,check with Peter and get him to will you his set of Flamingo lights. Think he has them strung across his bed in "Tramper" or at least I've been told that's where they are. On second thought, I'd pass on that string of lights, no telling what stories they'd have to tell. :muhaha:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Tropical Storm Fay

Post by kings-x59 »

"A National Hurricane Center forecast late Tuesday projected that the storm's path would take it through Alabama over the weekend. However, projections varied widely, prompting some in South Carolina to hope for crop-sating rain"

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gW7U ... wD92M12A82

Reb, you might need to gather your pink flamingos... :poke:

Hope everyone in Fay's path stays high and dry. The rain does help though, we were 10" behind in annual rainfall till Edouard landed here.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Post by astronut74 »

Ok, I'm officially tired of all this rain. It has been raining constantly for 2 days now with the exception of when the eye was passing over us early this morning.
Astrogus, our roads aren't that bad yet but most of the roads are under about 1 1/2 ft of water and we've got fairly good drainage here. Unfortunately, most of the drainage ponds and canals are starting to overflow and the streetwater is rising more rapidly now. I feel sorry for anyone out on the roads that are not in a vehicle with high ground clearance. I suspect the shops around here will be busy with electrical problems due to the water.
And Rebel, I hope you're not getting too comfy over there, it looks like it might be heading your way....
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Plenty of room up here where there are NO Hurricanes.
98 AWD Stro LS

ImageImage

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Holy CRAP Mr Astrogus!! THAT's a LOT of WATER!!!!! Hope you guys got a boat!
I can't believe how this thing is sitting in one spot! Some places just north of Melbourne got over 20" of rain! CrAzY!
Drooler wrote:Sister lives in Cocoa Beach dumped on them all day yesterday and is still dumping. center is about over them but still on land - moving 5MPH damn slow looks like they will be getting it most of today too.
Do you know much rain your sister got, Mr Harry Drooler? It looks like the rain bands are swinging back with MORE now!
Smiliesafari wrote:Hey, Chrissy. I'm with you on the pink flamingos. Squiddy is just jealous because his primary job on the barge is cleaning up seagull poop. \:D/
Haha Mr Smiley! Squiddy - ZOINK!!! :poke:
Rebel wrote:
DL,,,check with Peter and get him to will you his set of Flamingo lights. Think he has them strung across his bed in "Tramper" or at least I've been told that's where they are. On second thought, I'd pass on that string of lights, no telling what stories they'd have to tell. :muhaha:
Yeah, I'm afraid to know too! Plus, just think of all the pud-crud that must be on them!! I'd have to boil them first & they prolly won't work any more after that. :toimonster:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

I`d rather have a 10 second earthquake any day, rather than all that rain and wind.... Stay dry and safe everybody!
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Reb, you might need to gather your pink flamingos...
:-k UUUMMMM,,guess I better turn to the weather channel and check this out. We weren't here when Ivan hit this area and no power for two weeks. That one liften all the old oak trees and blew building down in town and we are 80 miles inland from the Gulf.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words