leak

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
s10-den
I finally get the smurf thing

leak

Post by s10-den »

I washed the van yesterday, found a "little" water on the inside .Its under the rubber mat on each side in the front. When you open the doors,its right there kinda like in the corner by the kick panels. Anyone got any idea where these vans like to leak? Its not coming from the door seals either.Thanks
94 Astro cargo EXT----Bought specifically to mod!!Will be tbi 350 v8 and new front end conversion
Done so many v8 s10's their old news

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: leak

Post by dunedog »

a little smurf named Peter.... :D
other than that I would look at the windshield seal next....
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

My guess is the leak is around the upper glass area.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
s10-den

Post by s10-den »

Found out where its leaking.Its seaping from the bottom of the trap door for the ac on the passenger side,There is 4 bolts that hold the square thing on.
The driverside isnt leaking, for now anyways..
Anyone know why its leaking there?
The bottom bolt will not stay tight.I might try and get a bigger bolt and re-thread the hole and se what happens.What is behind the there anyways?You cant get to the backside because its behind the inner fender....
Last edited by s10-den on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
94 Astro cargo EXT----Bought specifically to mod!!Will be tbi 350 v8 and new front end conversion

Topic author
s10-den

Post by s10-den »

Ok, so I got a bigger bolt, its tight now.Still leaks.So I took the wiper cowl off and stuck a water hose down in it, its leaking somewhere inside there.Its definatly not leaking from the windshield.I suppose when I do the front clip conversion, I'll have to cut a access hole in the inner fender to see where the leak is.Any sugestions?Only thing I can see is it might be leaking from the factory rubber looking caulk they used?Not sure though....
Its leaking right in the middle of the two bottom bolts on the black square vacume door on the passenger side.And now that I put a water hose in the cowl, it seeped a little on the driverside.Anyone know whats behind there on the passenger side vacume door??If not, I'll go to the yard and tear one apart to see whats behind that black square thing, if nothing is there,it has to be leaking from the factory sealant stuff..