Tropical Storm Fay

Non technical and off-topic discussion

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Tropical Storm Fay

Post by dumb lady »

We got a little wind & rain from this.... Still windy now.
But watch out Mr Larry Rebel.... This thing's headed straight for YOU now!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Thanks for the warning lady. Maybe it'll stay over land and not get out in the Gulf and power up for another landing up this way.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

wagonmaster
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by wagonmaster »

Squiddly says:
Plenty of room up here where there are NO Hurricanes
I'll remember that this winter, when we're at 70* and you're at -25*!! :poke: O:)
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

I can get warm. It's getting cooler that I find a bit difficult. When I get down to skin and the A/C is running full tilt and I'm STILL sweating buckets ...
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

CaptSquid wrote:I can get warm. It's getting cooler that I find a bit difficult. When I get down to skin and the A/C is running full tilt and I'm STILL sweating buckets ...
Have a heat stoke episode somewhere there in your past squid? almost got there myself, it will make your bod react in a bad way to severe heat.
But here's the real question, why would a salty dog such as yourself move to a landlocked state like montana? :poke:
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

Not landlocked. We gots the headwaters of the Missouri River here and from this town, I can take rivers right to the Gulf of Mexico. But the ground don't wiggle, we don't have hurricanes or twisters and the only volcano around hasn't blown her top in many moons.
98 AWD Stro LS

ImageImage

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Plus Montana is B-E-A-utiful. Wife and I vacationed there a few years back, I have a feeling we might move there someday.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

CaptSquid wrote: But the ground don't wiggle,
Haha!.... living in 350 days, of year round sunshine were you can snowski and jetski in the same day, is worth far more than worrying about any earth wiggles......
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

astronut74
I sleep in my van

Post by astronut74 »

I don't know capt, Every now and again, I do get the urge for a change of scenery, but then, that's what vacations are for. :D This storm lasted, for me anyways, just under a week- 4 days actually from the time it made landfall, to the first glimpse of sunshine after the storm. Usually they're gone much faster.
Your winter, on the other hand, lasts for a few months.
I think I'll take my chances with a little wind and a lot of rain. At least I know it wont be frozen wind and rain!!!
Steve O

94 2WD Astro EXT
179,000 miles and counting
Going from an 8 seater to a 4 seater

CaptSquid

Post by CaptSquid »

SoCalli V8 wrote:
CaptSquid wrote: But the ground don't wiggle,
Haha!.... living in 350 days, of year round sunshine were you can snowski and jetski in the same day, is worth far more than worrying about any earth wiggles......
The FIRST earth wiggle I experienced was the Loma Prieta (World Series) wiggle. It performed the ultimate sacrilege -- It broke my coffee pot! The second one was the Seattle micro-wiggle of 2000. The second one, I never felt. The first one, on the other hand...

As for 350 days of year-round sunshine, we've almost had that much up here.
98 AWD Stro LS

ImageImage

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

If the loma prieta had been 24 hours later, I would have been in the bay area for it. That quake happened at 5:08pm, I had an 8 am flight to SF the next morning. needless to say, the flight was canceled. We had two buildings under construction in Oakland. The iron workers were working overtime and still in the steel. No fatalities, but some injuries. If I have to deal with a natural calamity, I'll take a storm any day over and earthquake, at least there's some forewarning.

Aside from earthquakes, there's always the mudslides and fires in CA. California is beautiful, but there is no free lunch.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Drooler
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Drooler »

hey DL how ya doin? my sister in Cocoa Beach said she heard the total was 27+" in 3 days. We got less than 1" at my place - in fact the pretty steady light breeze sucked enough water out of my pool that I had to add water to the pool. :rolleyes:
Drooler
aka
HarryB
1988 Astro CL 172K miles Factory F&R Sway bars stock except
for 15x7 GM Alloys with 225x70 tires.
RIP 1994-2010 driven 140K. Time, wear, and my health sent it
to the trade in block 9/10/10.

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Sure is nice to see blue sky. \:D/ Larry...You gettin' wet?
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle