electric grimlin

Topic author
92astro
I finally get the smurf thing

electric grimlin

Post by 92astro »

ok i have a little issue my temp. guage will be on the 1/4 mark when i start the van in the morning and might stay there untill i shut it off then restart it will read 1/2 mark then i shut it off again restart it will show cold it does this when the engine is at operating temp. or cold just seems like it is not reading right cause i got one of those rad caps with the temp. guage on it and when the stock gauge says 1/4 mark the engine is at 150 degrees and same as the 1/2 mark the rad one says 165 -170 the rad one watched it for a good 30 mmin while the engine was idling it slowly got up to operating temp. the engine does not ever overheat it runs good also my a/c blower sometimes will will shut off while it is in operation the compressor stays on the blowers comes right back on i think it is a bad connection other then that the a/c works great with very cold air. need help. this is a 1992 astro
bryan in oklahoma i have a 1992 chevy astro with 174,000 miles runs and drives very good with a couple of issues nothing major future mods: 350 smallblock v-8 simple and easy!!, tach, rims and others!!current mods:15%tinted windows

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: electric grimlin

Post by peter »

Prolly the gauge, but try swapping out the sender first. It's easier & cheaper to replace :yawinkle:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson