motor mounts

ANYTHING TO DO WITH SWAPPING A V8 OR DIESEL INTO THE ASTRO/SAFARI

Topic author
jakepatch
I get chills without my van.

motor mounts

Post by jakepatch »

I have recieved a few questions about motor mounts lately and just thought I'd let everyone know that I am no longer able to make them. I just sold my last set of AWD mounts, but I do still have 2 sets of 2WD mounts if anyone is interested.
Hope to be vannin' again someday........

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: motor mounts

Post by ihatemybike »

Will you be open sourcing the blueprints?
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Glad to see you're still with us. Would it be possible to get a set of blueprints? I may be able to make these for anyone who needs them. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Glad to see you're still with us and hope all is well.

Skip,,you're not kidding anyone,,we all know ya got a V-8 sitting in the shop just waiting.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
jakepatch

Post by jakepatch »

Problem is, we lost the program in our laser for cutting these, that's the reason I'm not able to make them anymore. I don't have blueprints. I could rescan a set of the @wd mounts into the laser, but I sold the last set of AWD mounts that I had so I don't have anything to scan. I never had a set of blueprints, I simply put the mounts in our 3D scanner and the machine did the rest.

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

Yes, rescan. Somebody loan him the AWD ones to rescan. I will need V8 mounts eventually and need to be able to buy them or make them.
Aaron

1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

so in theory if someone sent you a set of these mysticle AWD mounts you could scan them and other people could get a hold of em...? am i getting the jist of this...?
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

If anyone has a set of these mounts and would be willing to loan them to me I'll make a set of prints and send them right back. \:D/
Larry...You're right. Just can't keep a secret can you? I have a real nice 305 roller just waiting patiently for a 4.3 to give it up. May be a while. The 4.3 is still running great.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I have a real nice 305 roller just waiting patiently for a 4.3 to give it up. May be a while. The 4.3 is still running

You're not kidding anyone Skip,,it'll be in there before the 4.3 even thinks about going to the grave.

Tell ya what,,I'd love to do another swap. When you get ready let me know and I'll come down..............................................to watch. :muhaha:
No, really,,let me know and I'll head that way.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
jakepatch

Post by jakepatch »

Cobra wrote:so in theory if someone sent you a set of these mysticle AWD mounts you could scan them and other people could get a hold of em...? am i getting the jist of this...?

Yes that is correct. Last time Locdoc sent me his to scan. I made 5 sets at that time and I thought we saved the program, but we can't find it so I guess we didn't. I don't actually run the laser, I'm a welder. We have a 3D scanner attached to our laser cutter to be able to duplicate parts. As long parts aren't any bigger than a 2 foot cube I can scan them and recreate just about anything. Once scanned it cuts the parts needed out of flat stock, and I weld the pieces together.

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

Jakes mounts were built pretty well. I had one set, won't discuss the other set I never got. I sold my set to someone here after I decided not to use, can't remember who got them.

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

well i happen to have a set sitting in a box here maybe i should ship them to jake to scan then we can add more V8's to our fleet \:D/
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

I'm just hoping they are available and will work with the 4.5L Duramax once I'm able to do said swap.
Aaron

HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

When I made my LS1 / Astro mounts, I first leveled the sub frame and then put a dial level on the transmission pan on the V6 Combo. I then set the LS1 combo onto the same rear trans /x member mount and set the same level on the pan again. ( on mine when the sub frame was level, so was the transmission pan) I'd left the V6 engine motor mounts in place to see how close they were and to establish where the combo should set, side to side. I then removed the V6 mounts, made cardboard LS1 motor mounts and transfered them to steel. No worries in the 20,000 miles so far,,,,,,, knock wood.
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....

THier
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by THier »

Bump,,,

Ok I have just started to get ready for a V8 swap into my 1997 AWD Safari,, reading these post seem to say JTR no-longer sell them?

What is the status of these mounts?

Thanks,
Tom