Happy Anniversary

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Happy Anniversary

Post by CaptSquid »

Our very own DumbLady is celebrating her wedding anniversary today.

Happy Anniversary, girl! ImageImage
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

mattblackratbus
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Happy Anniversary

Post by mattblackratbus »

Happy wedding anniversary Dumb lady, geee that sounds rude, anyway hope you have a great day...Johnny

6spd_monte
I sleep in my van

Post by 6spd_monte »

Happy Anniversary, DL!!
-James

1987 LT
249,000 miles

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Cherie and I wish you both the best. :cheers:
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Thank you Squiddy & everyone! Awww, I love you guys...you're all very nice. :heart:
26 years sure has flown by! My husband bought me a Kumquat tree which we planted together on the 11th. Mmmm, LoVe kumquats. :yawinkle:

We are actually going out & celebrating our anniversary today. My daughters are gonna take care of Mom, so maybe we'll get a good 6 hours away from home. It should be a very nice day out for us.
Thanks again everyone! :heart:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

dumb lady wrote: Mmmm, LoVe kumquats. :yawinkle:
LMAO, I bet

Happy 26th Chrissy :cheers:

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

D/L-have a great day with the hubby.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Wow Christine,,congrtas to you and the hubby lady. You guys hang in there and have a great time. :bounce:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

a little behind the curve here... been busy...congrats on quarter century plus one!
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Awww thanks again you guys. Ever eat a Kumquat Zam?? :muhaha: :muhaha: They is yummy-good!!

I had a wonderful day last Saturday.

My husband found all this stuff for making stained glass on Craiglist. $50.00 takes it.
It's something I did many moons ago & always wanted to get back into. But I had kids to care for & it's an expensive hobby so I dropped it. So, that was part of Saturday's plan.

Anyway, we shot down to beautiful St Pete via the highways & he bought the stuff for me. I can't believe how much stuff was there! What a bargain THAT was. Wish I had thought to take a pic of it before we loaded the van up. It really was a great find! I got hundreds of dollars worth of stuff all for $50.00. All the stuff needed to get back into making stained glass again. All the tools & supplies, the grinder, even an almost full box of caming AND sheets upon sheets of very expensive unused glass...Tons of scraps too. Boxes & boxes of stuff. It was a steal! I'm so excited!!!

Afterwards, we headed up the barrier Keys through St Pete Beach & past The Don Cesar Hotel. Someday, I'd like to spend a yummy weekend there with my Mister. :heart:

Then we headed north to Treasure Island where my favorite little shop, The Florida Shell Shop is. This place has (among other things) THE MOST AWESOME Stained Glass you ever saw. And since that's what I'm getting back into, it's a wonderful place to get inspired!

After that we stopped at Madeiras Beach, where I went swimming in the HUGE WAVES of Hurricane Ike, while Mr D/L sat on the beach *FULLY CLOTHED* & taking pictures. (Just like old times, lmao) The Gulf usually looks like one of the Great Lakes... NO waves whatsoever. Saturday it was like swimming in the Ocean back in RI!! Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!

I have NEVER seen waves like that on the Gulf.
Of course I don't get to the Gulf often enough to see them now. But back when I was a 'tourist' just visiting my parents I went to the beaches much more often. And the Gulf shore always looked placid, like a large lake. That beach Madeiras Beach is about midway (give or take) between St Pete Beach & Clearwater.

Ya know my old man, he's a pretty good guy. I think I'll keep him for another 26 years. :yawinkle:

It was a great day & I had a wonderful time!!
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

mattblackratbus
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by mattblackratbus »

Glad to hear that you had a good day DL, post some pics of your glass work it would be good to see....Johnny

P.S... Mr DL sounds like a cool guy...his a keeper...look after him wont ya

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

I have had the pleasure of staying in this couple`s house in West Florida, they are super nice people and we a great time all barbyQin` and hangin` together......

Congratulations Christine and Bob.... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bob and I on our Wikki Watchie River kayak trip, this place was awesome.... He`s a Super nice guy....

Christine and I cooking in her kitchen

We barbyQd a salmon flank that night, with salad, veggies and rice. It turned out to be a superb meal with some great friends....

Congratulations, and Thankyou for your kind hospitality Christine and Bob......
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Thank you Mr mattblackratbus & Darren!

MORE pictures!! Hahaha! I look pretty funny in that last one. I don't see my wineglass there, but I think I'm pretty darn bombed. We all have a lot of fun here when you visit Mr SoCalli & we hope you come back again next year!! :partyman: :partyman:
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Man am I ever late!!
Even after you told me last week about the Squidster starting this thread, I am just now logging in to congratulate you and your hubby! #-o
Please forgive me!! You know I'm pretty amazed when I hear about marriages lasting this long! It's just not the norm anymore.
Here's to you and Mr. DL celebrating another 26, and with a wife as wonderful as you are to him, I'm sure that will be the case.
Much love,
James
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

A belated congrats to you on your wedding anniversary, and my sympathies to hubby :muhaha:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson