YouTube Videos of my band

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

YouTube Videos of my band

Post by trybe13 »

Well it's only been 3 months since we played this gig and me promising to get the videos posted. #-o
Well better late than never I suppose. Remember that we had only been together for about 5 weeks at the time we did this event. We are soooo much better now. The singer took over bass duties as well, and we added a rhythm guitarist to fill out the sound. Our first "official gig is next month on the 25th. I'll post video of that a lot sooner than I did here, so you guys can hear the improvement.
These are all covers, but we are now doing about 60/40 covers/originals. I'm pushing hard to be all original by next summer. The singer and I are putting some really cool stuff together. And we are now calling our selves The Jericho Effect. Well enough blabbing; on with the show.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1wNEAEign4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jygkGhWSPFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3fCCk-gcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONcyQjJGca8
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Re: YouTube Videos of my band

Post by lockdoc »

I gotta admit, I liked listenening to you jam on your guitar. It was the only Rockin' part I heard. The songs themselves were pretty blah. Boring rock ballad type stuff. I hope your orginal stuff has some more kick a$$ to it to match your guitar. Looking forward to it.
Current:
01 AWD - Stock
98 AWD - Stock
Past:
93 4WD - 305 V8 - 5" lift - 31" tires
98 4WD DHC - 10" lift - 33" tires - Onboard air and Hydraulics - Snowplow
92 RWD - 350 V8 - lowered - 97 front clip
92 RWD - 350 V8 - converted to AWD - V6
91 AWD - 350 V8 - conversion van
94 RWD - 350 V8 - sons van
92 RWD - stock - sons van
93 RWD Shorty - project
89 RWD Shorty - parts van

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

Nothin' like a bunch of critics, eh, trybe?! :poke:

My complaint deals more with the position of the camera and the sound quality. I hope the next videos are done with a better view... better yet, with a person running the camera, zooming in and about.

I don't really have a comment on the music quality as I couldn't really get a good handle on it.

But regardless, I applaud you for following your heart and performing. I wish you and your band the very best.

I'm looking forward to your next video postings.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

mattblackratbus
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by mattblackratbus »

I'm looking forward to gettting my computer hooked up with speakers so i can have a listen :rock: ....Johnny

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Looks like you've been a busy boy James :D

It was good to see you jammin on the lead, we've seen your guitars and now we've heard you play :cheers: I gotta give anyone credit to get up on stage and do their thing, like Matt mentioned the light and sound could have been better but hey I'm sure you know that and will make the needed changes,good luck with the band and lay another vid on us when you have the time :supz:

Topic author
trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

lockdoc wrote:I gotta admit, I liked listenening to you jam on your guitar. It was the only Rockin' part I heard. The songs themselves were pretty blah. Boring rock ballad type stuff. I hope your orginal stuff has some more kick a$$ to it to match your guitar. Looking forward to it.

This is especially for you Bill:

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Just a demo I did about 4 yrs ago. Hope its heavy enough for you. :guitar:

Our originals run the gambit from Black Crowes style bluesy-rock to modern day metal ala Creed. But that's what you wind up with when you have two pretty proficient writers in the group who bring all their influences to the table with them. Just as long as it all falls under the banner of ROCK!! :guitar:

The video was pretty rough, but that's what you get when the drummer's wife sets a camera on a tripod and walks away!! LOL!

We are planning on having 3 cameras for the next gig. Two stationary, and 1 high def hand held. And it will be indoors which is much better for sound.
90 Safari XT Hi Top

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

James my man !! :supz: :supz: :supz: :prayer:
Only thing I have to say is "How the heck do you dance those big meat chops across the upper frets so well?" :guitar: :poke:
:cheers:
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

Topic author
trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Yeah, busy ain't the word Zam!! But I just recently cut loose 3 of the other bands I was in and am totally focused on this one. My family sure appreciates that!! More dad time at home with my girls.

Dune, after 20+ yrs at honing my chops, I don't think these big meat chops know how to do anything else as accurately!! :D

Some of the more well known songs we have added to our set list are:

The flame in us all- Thousand Foot Krutch (all you Canucks should be proud of these guys!!)
Save Me- G S Megaphone
Word of God Speak- Kutless
The Great Divide- Scott Stapp
Open Their Eyes- Alter Bridge

If you're not familiar with any of these songs or the bands Youtube would be a great place to start.
Thanks for the input guys- even the less than positive comments. You can't do better if all people do is blow sunshine....... LOL.
Later fellas.
90 Safari XT Hi Top

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

I dunno Mr Rev Trybe, the camerawork may have been crude, but so what! I like the one you linked up for LockDoc too, hadn't heard it before.... But I think all your stuff sounds pretty darn good! :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
I sure as heck couldn't get up in front of a crowd to give a speech, never mind play & instrument & sing! :muhaha: :muhaha:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Topic author
trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Thanks for the words of encouragement DL. If you think those songs were good just wait until you hear the new set list. And the originals!! I'm almost beside myself I'm so excited about the originals we are doing!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: And the band as a whole is just a LOT better. Having added a second guitar and our singer taking over bass duties has taken our band to a whole new level.

Sounds like we've got a new groupie outside of our wives!!! LOL!!!
\:D/ :guitar: :bounce: :supz:
90 Safari XT Hi Top

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

James,,I like it, really do. As a few others mentioned, you had some sounds issues but that was due to the distance from speakers and picking up everything going on in between. Some great songs and you guys did a good job,,,no joke.
Used to recone speakers back in the day for a buddy of mine in Muscle Shoals so if ya ever need any reparied, that's Sutherland Sight & Sound Inc.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

So that's why you haven't been around, Well maybe now that you are just playing in one band we might seeya once in a while. Your demo rocks :guitar:
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Topic author
trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Thanks for the love fellas!
I don't think it was too bad for a group of musicians who had maybe 8-10 rehearsals in 5 weeks. I sprung that demo on the band last week, maybe they'll be up for doing it. That was one of those moments of inspiration that comes every so often. All instruments were one take, except for the drum machine of course. :guitar:
And Rebel, I do need to get a speaker from my Marshall reconed. Gonna look your guys up. Thanks! :cheers:
90 Safari XT Hi Top

Southern
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Southern »

Trybe,

I really enjoyed the link you sent Bill :supz:

It's been my experience with You Tube that your favorite band in the world sounds like a poor quality garage band. This is mainly due to the so-so video and substandard sound quality that is playing over cheap computer speakers. Listening to your band over my Klipsch speakers on CD quality material would make your band sound like the top of the bill :guitar:
92 Astro Conversion Van 2WD
Vin Z Engine
Eaton Posi