Seat Belt Locking Mechanism

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
thevalleyboy
I sleep in my van

Seat Belt Locking Mechanism

Post by thevalleyboy »

Just a weird question - you know how when you pull on the seat belts really quick they usually lock... it seems that none of the belts in my Astro do this. Does anyone have similar issues or know anything about this? Any recalls that anyone know about - I am finding it odd that NONE of the belts in my Astro seem to lock.
2001 Astro LT AWD - SOLD @ 180,200KM
Now I got a 2006 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4 x 4
to pull a Hybrid RV - 2006 Kodiak 235
Calgary, Alberta

mattblackratbus
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Seat Belt Locking Mechanism

Post by mattblackratbus »

Hi, from what i can gather there are two types, one type locks when pulled fast and the other locks when you put the brakes on hard (due to a penjulem inside), my van has the type that lock when pulled fast, other people i know with astros have the other type. If you are unsure they work why not try a emergency stop on a quite road and see if they work...Johnny

P.S make sure no ones following you though :yawinkle:

92astro
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by 92astro »

in my astro which is a 1992 the drivers seatbelt has both locking deals but the other seatbelts just have the if pulled to fast it will lock!
bryan in oklahoma i have a 1992 chevy astro with 174,000 miles runs and drives very good with a couple of issues nothing major future mods: 350 smallblock v-8 simple and easy!!, tach, rims and others!!current mods:15%tinted windows

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

These are the only Seatbelts I know of. They rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Post by Astrophysics »

I have a 2003 Astro AWD. The stock seat belts are OK but if you want to be able to snug the lap belt part and still have the shoulder harness loose until locked by the inertial reel, there is a great device that you can order on line. It is called the cglock. It is used by rally car drivers offroaders, and autocross folks to keep the driver firmly in the seat during spirited driving.
I installed them on both front seats.
it is available at many auto outlets on line for about $40. such as PFMC.com and cglock.com and others.

Astrophysics.

PS
It is nice stainless steel and is made in USA. It attaches with two small allen screws which sandwich clamp it to the OEM seatbelt.