little update on me...

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

little update on me...

Post by astrosafari »

hey guys... im still kickin (:... i check back here alot but dont post much any more...
the astro is still rippin, but its in rough shape... the muffler cracked some where last week, so now shes loud! haha i like it..

im supposed to be going for my g1/beginners this week... haha i know im slackin.. money has been tight, i have been helping my cousin put an addition on his house on weekends since july for some extra cash. the addition is huge, and it was only 4 of us doing the whole thing. 2 story, 2 bedroom, and bathroom. all thats left now is drywall, and every thing after that (trim, doors, paint, lighting fixtures, etc...) i have learned a lot about building houses. i have helped with every thing from digging the hole for the new foundation to plumbing, framing, electrical, roofing... every thing.

right now im in my last year of high school which is also my 5th year, and i have an 87 average. im doing co op every morning at a body shop that is 15 minutes from here. they get a lot of customers there so business is good, and im learning alot about body work. i have co op next semester which starts in February, and i have been asked to come back to the body shop for my seceond semester, and im starting an apprentice ship there as well when i come back. i think this is pretty awesome, considering the van is pretty much rotted out and there will most likely always be business so its a good job to have...
ill have almost 300 hours i can put towards my apprenticeship at the end of this semester, and then ill get almost another 300 next semester.
after school is done ill have a good job to go to, and if this doesnt work out, my cousin works in construction and he says i can come work with him as soon as im done high school and have my g1. thats $26 an hour,

thats pretty much my story... nothin special but i feel some what proud of myself and figured id share :)
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: little update on me...

Post by astrozam »

Good news Corey, keep busy workin and learning and things will turn out well, don't be a stranger :cheers:

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Hey Corey-sure is good to hear from you.Looks like you have make tons of a advancement since those late nights on the old board's chat room. =D> =D> =D> Given that,you should be proud.I get a real kick out watching a young man like you making your way and learning and getting ahead.Keep pushing and learning.You'll end up making a good life for yourself.Congrats on what you have gotten done so far.

Gary
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Keep learning those bodywork and construction skillz, those are two good ones to have under your belt.

Absorb and practice everything you can, to better yourself everyday.
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by astrosafari »

thanks for the comments guys :) Gary, the old board... haha good times :) ill try and come around a little more often and see whats goin onn... maybe teach you guys a few things ;) haha
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater