What do I do with my rear...

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
pengyou
I finally get the smurf thing

What do I do with my rear...

Post by pengyou »

seat? I got one for free but I noticed that it has brackets for the standard rear seat mount. I was thinking of having them cut off and then mounting the seat to the floor but was afraid it might weaken the seat itself. Any suggestions on this?

I searched this site on "rear seat" and found that a couple of folks were doing something custom to get a fold down seat/bed in the rear but could not find any follow up.

I really need a place for 3 more passengers in my van and would love to have a bed in there also, although I am sure it would not be a full size bed.

What did y'all do?
New owner of a 1996 Astro named "Plain Jane" - stock right now - with 200,000 miles on it and running like a champ

Topic author
pengyou
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: What do I do with my rear...

Post by pengyou »

bump
New owner of a 1996 Astro named "Plain Jane" - stock right now - with 200,000 miles on it and running like a champ

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: What do I do with my rear...

Post by ihatemybike »

If you want a mini bed find a conversion in a junk yard, grab the seat/bed and take pics of how it mounts, then duplicate those mounts in the back of your van.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86