how long to install +4 lift

FROM FIBERGLASS MONOLEAFS TO AIR BAGS, STOCK HEIGHT TO BODY SLAMMED, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFTS GO HERE.

Topic author
scarecrow
I get chills without my van.

how long to install +4 lift

Post by scarecrow »

well i ordered my lift i should have it in a couple days.i went with the 4in kit with the rear 4in springs. how long should the intall take? i will also be relocating my ball joints. i have all the tools needed. welder , torch , lift etc..now this will be my first astro lift but not my first lift. i have done everthing chevy ifs , chevy straight axle , ford , dodge , toyota , jeeps , rockwell swaps........
SOLD and missing my 1995 Astro AWD 5 1/2 lift and 31 inch tires...

stomp13
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: how long to install +4 lift

Post by stomp13 »

Well if you have done all that other stuff, Astro lift should a walk in the park. The rear is not any different than anything else with leaf springs. Astros (maybe all GMs) dont have two U-bolts on the rear. Just one per-side and this bracket thingie. Up front seemed to be the normal AWD/4x4 GM parts. With my 2inch lift it took me about three hours (with beers). And I needed no special tools.
Last edited by stomp13 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 Astro LS AWD. 200k. Overlands 2inch lift. No name 29inch LT tires.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Any chance you could document the lift with pics? especially the relocation of the ball joints? if at all possible.

Topic author
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

ummm i guess....i never did anything like that what would you want? just a ton of pics?

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

pics are great, with a little bit of info describing what you are doing, it will go a long way to help the next guy. thanks.

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

Started on mine on a Friday night after work and I think I finished sometime Mnday. I had issues with the rear shackle bolt were rust solid inside the bushings so I had to first cut them off to get the springs out and then get a press to press out the bushings. I could have had it done in two days if it wouldn't have been for the issues with the springs and I also had some bolts I had to find locally since I pieced my kit together.

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

Quote from my lift isntall:

"Well,we got the usual dilly dally late start, 10am. Its 4:15. We got the front body lift in, the bumper relocated up. The fan showd trimmed, the bumper back on, the shocks installed, the leafs in, the brake lines remounted above the rear axle. Jason (bro in law) is tig welding the shock relocation brackets so I'm on the other side of the garage posting this while he is sparking to his hearts delight. Will take a while to run the shock adjustment remote lines and mount the air pump. .we're getting there. Spare tire carrier may get returned. gotta go. Pics tomorrow."

It helps having a brother in law with a home garage complete with two Snap On boxes, a hoist, and a ton of air tools.
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee25 ... =slideshow

Good luck. Looking forward to the pics. :bounce:
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Uh project update please? Pics are always nice!
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Topic author
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

i am still waiting on the lift. i ordered it over 1 month ago.... ](*,) ...dan is waiting on parts that are on backorder....

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Sounds good mate! You wont regret the lift ... unless you have low parking grounds hahha. I have to go to one today to pick up my camera ... :( I am 1/2" away from the water pipes and AND signs hanging I hit. I try my best to be polite but there is always that one person who I make jump out of their shoes when hit the sign :heart:
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"