Trip to Lake Okeechobee

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
cd0156
I get chills without my van.

Trip to Lake Okeechobee

Post by cd0156 »

Went over to West Palm Beach this weekend to see the Barrett Jackson Auctions, and on the way back we stopped to explore Lake O a little.. I also have had requests for some pics of the van lately so we took a few pics..

Here is a view from inside the rim.. For those that do not know, Lake O is a man made lake, with a large levee around the edge.. This was to keep the water inside the "bowl" they created back before the rain went away.. now there is not really much water inside, which is how we were able to drive over the rim and explore around inside with the van!

Here is Mel posing with the van..

another van pic, with an airboat in the background.. Lifted Astros always seem to draw attention from any crowd!

A view of the alleged "lake".. this was all lake bottom until a few years ago.. This was actually on fire last year!! How often do you hear about a lake on fire!?!?

Here is a gator skeleton we found.. Unfortunately someone already snagged the skull and claws, but we got some of the armor plates that make the scales on the back.. very cool!
1999 Astro 4WD
NP231c Transfer Case Conversion, Custom Shifter and Front Driveshaft, 31x10.5x15 BFG AllTerrain, Custom Warn Front Bumper, DHC Rockrails, Superwinch 5000lb winch, Warn Spotlights and Flood lights on Custom Mounts, Thule Roof Racks Safari Rack and Kayak Racks, Alpine Touchscreen AM/FM/XM/CD/DVD/iPod, Eclipse Amps, Focal Utopia Component Speakers, Alpine TypeR 12" Subs, and probably lots more I am forgetting.... seems to happen more and more these days...

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Trip to Lake Okeechobee

Post by dunedog »

My fav shot is Mel showing alittle leg.. =D> Thanks Mel,...good for an old farts heart..... \:D/
although the gator was pretty neat.

So did you get to see any stuff sold ? How were prices considering the economy?
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

Topic author
cd0156
I get chills without my van.

Re: Trip to Lake Okeechobee

Post by cd0156 »

Lots got sold.. (No reserve on the WPB auctions..) but prices were pretty sad.. I saw a Porsche 911 go for 13k!! Apparently the owner bought it back on the spot from the bidder, but it still must suck to go sell your car and end up still having the car AND losing 13k+!! Some were surprising though.. I saw a stock 60s Mini Cooper Pickup go for 20k.. A lot of cool ones too.. some Mustang concept cars I think went for around 80k-90k. It was a good time though! Definately worth going if you are ever in West Palm or Scottsdale at the right time.. Tix are $10-15 and worth every penny!
1999 Astro 4WD
NP231c Transfer Case Conversion, Custom Shifter and Front Driveshaft, 31x10.5x15 BFG AllTerrain, Custom Warn Front Bumper, DHC Rockrails, Superwinch 5000lb winch, Warn Spotlights and Flood lights on Custom Mounts, Thule Roof Racks Safari Rack and Kayak Racks, Alpine Touchscreen AM/FM/XM/CD/DVD/iPod, Eclipse Amps, Focal Utopia Component Speakers, Alpine TypeR 12" Subs, and probably lots more I am forgetting.... seems to happen more and more these days...