Parking brake adjustment

FROM STOCK TO WILD, BRAKE ISSUES AND UPGRADES GO HERE.

Topic author
gabequest
I finally get the smurf thing

Parking brake adjustment

Post by gabequest »

Yo Folks. My parking (E-brake) hasn't worked since I bought the van March 08'. I just did the 11inch drum upgrade (which ROCKS) and noticed a bunch of slack in the cable for the passenger rear parking brake. I tightened the adjuster bolt to within 3 threads of full-tight. There is still slack. Pushing the pedal does engage the main cable and seems to pull (though I don't notice any "braking") on the drivers side. Haven't tested this with the wheel off the ground, but either way, I no have no E-brake. Oh what Oh what shall I do? :-k

2004 Astro AWD
4inch Overland lift, 265/70/16, Poptop Colorado CamperVan, 11inch Roof Fan, Custom Bumper...more to come on the interior

e7ats

Re: Parking brake adjustment

Post by e7ats »

You need to check your drum brakes to make sure the adjuster in there is adjusted up properly before adjusting the parking break cable. If your back breaks are loose your parking break will not work right.
2003 AWD ASTRO Personal van

Topic author
gabequest

Post by gabequest »

Thanks, however they are nice and tight. I made sure of it when finishing up with the upgrade. I'm beginning to think I've got some serious cable stretch.
2004 Astro AWD
4inch Overland lift, 265/70/16, Poptop Colorado CamperVan, 11inch Roof Fan, Custom Bumper...more to come on the interior

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Are you sure you fastened it up inside the drum? When I did the 11" upgrade everything went right back where it was supposed to be. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle