New Member from VA

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Rvamobiledetailing
I get chills without my van.

New Member from VA

Post by Rvamobiledetailing »

Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jamie and i'm from Richmond,VA. I just purchased a 1995 astro cl for 500 dollars. Below i have some pics of the van.I have wanted a astro for a while ,but especially since i started my mobile detailing business.I have alot of plans for the astro but right now i just need to clean the van up. The van has been sitting since last may in a guys back yard.He was the orginal owner of the van and is also a gm master tech. Has 3.23 gears with a g80 in the rear. Owner upgrade to steel rear leaf(yeee!! lol) and it also has a tow hitch.I look forward to learning alot from you guys/gals on the forum.I will also post some better pics when i have the van cleaned up

This is my other baby a 1994 chevy caprice that i have a good amount of performance mods

If any of you all are on the impalassforum my screename is 2TONLT1

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: New Member from VA

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome to the site, Jamie. There's a huge amount of info here. Just ask. Nice find on the Astro. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

Welcome to the site, we will try to help wherever we can. The Astro looks like a nice find, a little cleaning up and other work and it will be good to go. Of course further modifications are encouraged. :)
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

Welcome Jamie!
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Post by meetthespeakers »

Just posted in your other thread, I'm up 95 in Vienna, Va. Not sure how far you want to take the van, but I got some stuff up here that can get it sorted. Got a good set of seats, Gibson cat-back for a little more grunt, and a buddy of mine that can fix you up with paint if your interested for cheap... Like $700 cheap for the whole van, 3 coats of clear, sherwin williams stuff. Just had him paint a few things for me and I am definately getting excited bringing the van back to it's former glory. End of Shamelss Plug. :dunce: For your mobile detailing, are you gonna have one of those portable water tank setups? I got another buddy on the astro board that is doing it down in Florida with the whole setup for doing mobile detailing. Cool stuff.
1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

Nice pair of BowTies ya got there. I imagine you'll be spiffing that van right up.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

89AstroDan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 89AstroDan »

Welcome to your second home. If you didn't already know, your Caprice and your Astro have a few things in common such as interchangeable parts.
89 Astro Shorty
3.73 G80

meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Post by meetthespeakers »

Like the rims! Rock two cars with Impala rims, show them whose boss! :yellin:
1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Topic author
Rvamobiledetailing

Thanks alot for the welcome guys. I have alot of plans for the astro such as drop it,paint it,stereo,exhaust,etc. I have wanted a astro for a very long time just because i feel that it's the nicest looking van out their and there is a good aftermarket for them.And yeah i will def drive up to Vienna to get the van painted,i drove it last night from deeepp in va beach about 125 miles last night.Van drove great no probs at all and only took 10 dollars in gas to get back up here.I know that the caprice and astro share alot of components.I wouldn't mind putting my caprice rims on the van but without it lowered it would look kinda dumb.Since this is going to be my only mode of transportation(caprice is going under the knife for a t56 swap)for atleast 6 months.I have the full setup for my detailing.My setup includes 150 gallon tank,honda/troy built pressure washer,6 gallon shop vac,etc. Just need a generator lol.I saw the stuff you have for sale on here and craigslist meetthespeakers.I sooooo want those seats lol.Want all of it but really need/want those seats lol.I took so more pics today,haven't cleaned the exterior yet but i vacuumed the interior and took the rear seats out

Have to get this resolved asap lol

Seat hassss to goo lol

Steel leaf springs

Guy i brought the astro from is a master gm tech and gave me all the service manuals

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Jamie,
Nice find on the Astro--gotta love the price.
And that's a nice looking B body, too. I'm envious! And I love the T56 project.
I'm currently doing a slow motion (as in "it's taking forever") 350 Chevy rebuild to drop into my 82 Olds Delta 88 to replace the tired 307. That's phase one, phase two will be a Tremec TKO 500 5 speed transmission that'll replace the 200 4R, but at the rate I'm going, I'll have to extend my lifespan to get it all done. I'll probably be so old when I get the Olds project finished that I won't have the strength needed to push the clutch pedal. Oh, well.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

Topic author
Rvamobiledetailing

SafariRob wrote:Jamie,
Nice find on the Astro--gotta love the price.
And that's a nice looking B body, too. I'm envious! And I love the T56 project.
I'm currently doing a slow motion (as in "it's taking forever") 350 Chevy rebuild to drop into my 82 Olds Delta 88 to replace the tired 307. That's phase one, phase two will be a Tremec TKO 500 5 speed transmission that'll replace the 200 4R, but at the rate I'm going, I'll have to extend my lifespan to get it all done. I'll probably be so old when I get the Olds project finished that I won't have the strength needed to push the clutch pedal. Oh, well.

Thanks alot. Yeah the t56 will take me a while also lol. Boxy b-bodies are awsome. One of my friends just finshed a lt1 swap in his 89