Veterans Day

Post by Smiliesafari »

A big salute to all of my service brothers. Happy Veterans Day. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Veterans Day

Post by astrozam »

Up in the Great White North we call er Remembrance Day, but its the same thing and the same "Thank you " is implied :canuk: :usa: =D>

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

:usa: And a big thank you from the 96 to all who served and are serving.

For me,,I'll be making sure they fly the flag at half mast this year. Last Veterans Day, they said they didn't get the usual notice from the state capitol to do so. Just another situation of being overly politically correct and not being able to make a decision on their own.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

rlsllc
I sleep in my van

Post by rlsllc »

:usa: Thanks to all! :canuk:

uncle-vinny
I am smitten with my van

Post by uncle-vinny »

Last year I found an old 19th century cemetery near by. It was overgrown and neglected. Long story short I got involved cleaning it up. I discovered the grave stones of 24 civil war vets. Last year I held a ceremony to remember them. This year they all got flags on their grave sites. It made me feel good to honor the memory of these old soldiers. :rock: :rock: ]

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Good to see you around Vinny and by the way,,,great thing you did for the Vets. :usa:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Nice job Vinny :supz:

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Kind of bothers me that only 5 members replied to this thread but am happy we can still say what we want. Wonder how long that will last ? :usa:

VIDEO

uncle-vinny
I am smitten with my van

Post by uncle-vinny »

Hi Larry,

I drop in and out as time permits. Thank you for the complements. I can't tell you the sense of satisfaction I get when I go to that cemetery and clean it up. Good talking to you again.

Vinny

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

I'm guessing that not many of the Astrosafarian brothers have done military duty. It's a shame the draft was done away with. The military gives some incredible opportunities. And you get to play with some equipment that you'll never even see in civilian life.

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I'm guessing that not many of the Astrosafarian brothers have done military duty. It's a shame the draft was done away with. The military gives some incredible opportunities. And you get to play with some equipment that you'll never even see in civilian life.
Understand Skip,,you're probably right.
:usa:

VIDEO

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

Smiliesafari wrote:A big salute to all of my service brothers. Happy Veterans Day. \:D/
and a snappy salute right back to you...without the air force, i would of never got to experience another country (korea, saudi arabia)...and i met lots of people from all walks of life too...lots of good folks in the military, and it's such a loss when we lose them...

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

AMEN, Gwen. :cheers:

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

I even missed Veterans Day in here. What the hell is wrong with me....???
Thanks to all who served & serve our country. God bless you & keep you safe.
Thanks Uncle Vin that was a beautiful thing you did:):):)

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K