Happy Birthday to the Rebel.

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Happy Birthday to the Rebel.

Post by Fire Cakes »

Hope you had a great Birthday
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

reaper
I sleep in my van

Post by reaper »

Happy Birthday Dude =D>
90 Astro Cargo V-8
90 Artro RS - V-8 Now running!
& a bunch of tractors
"there's nothing like a V-8 Polluting the Environment"

Merlin
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Merlin »

Sorry that I missed your B-Day. Haven't been on line in a few days. Hope it was a great one.
1989 RS Astro, V-8 and maybe a shift it myself tranny, still deciding on this one. Dutch doors, Cad tail lights, shaving the rest now. 12 bolt rear end was in the van when I got it but changing how it sets to lower.

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

The party was great,,,no one showed up. :muhaha: Really. Susan planned a party with cake ice cream and snacks. We were the only ones to show up.lol
She had planned it for Sat. No other day would work out and by the time she called everyone she found out they were either out of town or down with the flu. We got a huge laugh out of it. Told Susan it was a sign there should be no more Birthdays for me :muhaha: and can you imagine what I would have felt like if I were 6 years old. I'd never have gotten over that. #-o
Anyway,,,had a good one and I appreciate you guys showing up with your Birthday wishes. Sorry, but we had the cake all to ourselves. :muhaha:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Wish you were closer Larry, then many of us could of maybe popped down for a spell to personally wish ya'll the best :D :cheers:

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

Happy B-day Reb!
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Topic author
SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

astrozam wrote:Wish you were closer Larry, then many of us could of maybe popped down for a spell to personally wish ya'll the best :D :cheers:
I had a Wonderful time when I stayed at Larry & Susans place. They live in a very picturesque town in Alabama, with beautiful tree lined small streets, his New house is beautiful but the huge lower ground garage + workshop is Awesome !

This is his old house where I stayed so you can get the idea of how beautiful the area is.

Larry preparing the "Drunk Chicken" sitting on my "piss-water" Coors Light beer to sit on the barbyQ. Even tho` he is smiling for the picture shot, he wanted to use stronger beer....

OMG, This chicken melted in your mouth....... > And it didn`t even taste like beer at all, just very moist and succulent.

`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

You're very kind Darren and we also had a great time during your visit. I still laugh about the check out lady who couldn't understand a word you were saying to her when asking about fresh Salmon. Fresh Salmon at the 96,,,that's a hoot. You also come to mind every time I throw a beer loaded chicken on the grill.
Come back any time.
Keith, a bunch of you guys showing up for my Birthday would have been great. Nothing better I can think of.
Welcome any time.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

Happy belated Birthday Mr Larry Rebel!! OMGosh, you had a birthday party & no one showed up?? How SAD is THAT??!! Oh well, I see Darren posted up his wonderful pix for you. I remember the frozen fish story! You're a good host & we both know that Darren is a wonderful guest!

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Rebel

Post by Rebel »

DL,,,,later is always better than not at all and yep,,,ol Darren worked wonders on the grill while here. Always welcome at the 96. =D>

VIDEO