Since orders are electronically processed, we do not exchang

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Brutalis
I am merely driving my van

Re: Since orders are electronically processed, we do not exchang

Post by Brutalis »

astrozam wrote:Glad to hear it all worked out well for you Brutalis :supz:

P.S How did you get you're Astro in the 1st place, I take it you imported it from England? Japan?
I am the third owner of this 98 model of AWD Astro LT. This Astro comes from American navy base that was here but was closed few years ago. Many American navy people that were stuck here had their family and family cars here over and sold only the cars when they left back. Now days I see newer used models of Astros and they are bought direct from USA and shipped her over. There are not many Astros here but you can see them occasionally. Today our currency is so week after the crises so I do not think there will be many new Astro ´s here for some time. People go for smaller car now days.
I like my Astro. Bought few years back with only 75k miles on it and is now up to 91k miles. It is our family car and we go on summer holydays trips........ off-road fishing tour and we sleep in it. It do not snow here anymore where I live so I do not have much experience with my car in snow. Not like my friends on the 38” monster that is doing fine in the highlands on wintertime: (see pictures of Icelandic Astro somewhere here in the forum)

Topic author
Brutalis

Re: Since orders are electronically processed, we do not exchang

Post by Brutalis »

st4s wrote:@Brutalis
Next time you might want to try http://www.rockauto.com/, me and some other folks here in the german 'stro-forum had a pretty good experience with them, and delivery happens to be really fast at times.
On one occassion I passed an online-order on Wednesday at 22:00 and the parts were delivered on Friday at 12:00.
Considering the time it usually takes to get a customs clearing this IS amazing and delivered faster than most of the german us-car-parts-retailers would.
Thanks’ for the info. I appreciate this. I kind of rushed in to this “buy through the internet thing” without take my time for big research. I did some research thou and was buying the item´s from the east coast to make the shipment cost as cheap as possible. But again I was so wrong. All my items were transported to warehouse on the West coast and gathered together there ???? So I actually have another story about the shipment from USA and I can tell you guys later about that. More story´s to come (about the shipment). :-({|=
I will look in to this link you gave me. I will not give up buying reserves to my car. Even thou my first experience was not wery good.