Tail lights options

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
alexalexanders
I get chills without my van.

Tail lights options

Post by alexalexanders »

My 94 astro has stock tail lights, my question is i was thinking of a smoked look, and i have looked around and found a product called Niteshade by VHT. My buddy does it on all his cars, but i travel long and far and see a lot of cops, so does any one know if niteshading is illegal or should i just go with smoked euros. Any comments or pictures would be great

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Tail lights options

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

nightshade is like taillight covers, the laws vary from state to state...although you can vary the amount of tinting with the nightshade, a lot of states frown upon any darkening of the taillights...I am thinking of using it on my caddy taillights, but putting brighter halogen bulbs in like the street rodders with tiny taillights use, that way they should be closer to stock looking at night...

Topic author
alexalexanders

Post by alexalexanders »

where can u find brighter bulbs, because i looked on oriellys website and all i could find where cheapys or long lifes

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Or you could fit frenched Cadillac Tail lights for a different look, like mine.

`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
alexalexanders

Post by alexalexanders »

I would love to french in different tail lights but funds and time are short

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

alexalexanders wrote:where can u find brighter bulbs, because i looked on oriellys website and all i could find where cheapys or long lifes
here's a link to some:
http://www.thehotrodcompany.com/shopnow ... =&first=20

but most any hot rod shop or hot rod shows with vendors should have them...they've been a pretty common upgrade for 30/40/50's vehicles that had small taillights for years...

socali--i'm going to do that too, then use the nightshades to darken the caddy lights...but i probably won't mount them higher up like yours...i'm still bracing myself for the $129 fillers that i'm just going to cut up, ouch!!