Um, OK

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Um, OK

Post by ihatemybike »

Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: Um, OK

Post by Rebel »

talk to me about this picture. :-k
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

hhmmm :sick:
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

BREAK
I am smitten with my van

Post by BREAK »

Dino power.
Image Image

1995 2WD Astro 165K+
2000 AWD Astro 142K+, fully loaded

1995 Dodge 2500HD V10 4X4 reg cab 75K+, BFG all terrains (nice truck, everything is perfect on it)
1994 Honda Magna 4K+

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

What's to say?????????? You can see anything at the Wal-Mart. :muhaha:
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Unless my eyes decieve me, they are too handi-capped to park in a reg spot...but obviously not too handi-capped to crawl all over their van to stick plastic toys all over the roof.

Sorry, just my pet peeve! :cheers:

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

Rebel wrote:talk to me about this picture. :-k
OK I'll bite. Now what do you have to say about this van? It's probably more impressive in person isn't it? Just clear your good name now and tell us it's not your own... Jim

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

astrozam wrote:Unless my eyes decieve me, they are too handi-capped to park in a reg spot...but obviously not too handi-capped to crawl all over their van to stick plastic toys all over the roof.

Well, today I watched a mid-20s yr old chick pull into a handicap spot and pull out a handicap mirror tag and hang it up. OK, she could have been handicapped at that point... But then I watched her get out of the car and easily walk into Target. My guess is the handicap thing belonged to a mother or grandma and she had no business using it!
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

d3athm3talh3ad
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by d3athm3talh3ad »

run...it's GODZILLA!!!

sorry...couldn't resist...

Rileysowner

Post by Rileysowner »

astrozam wrote:Unless my eyes decieve me, they are too handi-capped to park in a reg spot...but obviously not too handi-capped to crawl all over their van to stick plastic toys all over the roof.

I share the pet peeve, but you are assuming the one who has the handicapped tag did this themselves when they were handicapped. That is not necessarily true. They could have done it before getting injured, had someone else do it, or the tag may not be the owners, but for someone who borrowed the van. I'm sure there could be other explanations that would not require playing fast and loose with the handicapped tags.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

Rileysowner wrote:

I share the pet peeve, but you are assuming the one who has the handicapped tag did this themselves when they were handicapped. That is not necessarily true. They could have done it before getting injured, had someone else do it, or the tag may not be the owners, but for someone who borrowed the van. I'm sure there could be other explanations that would not require playing fast and loose with the handicapped tags.
It could also be that after completing this project that the local municipality ruled them handicapped. Jim

batmo
I sleep in my van

Post by batmo »

ihatemybike wrote:Image

personalized..

Ive seen this phenomina before on other vehicles. I think what it stems from is that some people like to customize but dont have the skills so they end up with freak bolt-on stuff. gadgets,tailights, winshield wipers, stick on graphics, etc.

this is an extream case where even bolt-on skills were not available so the owner apparantly resorted to a hot glue gun.. not sure.

Im sure they enjoyed the customizing proccess just as much as all of us do. good for them.

then again it might be a spiritual or mental thing. representing the fossil fuels roots or mabey just "look at me.. look at me"

good chance they were restocking supplies as the photo was taken LOL

reaper
I sleep in my van

Post by reaper »

looks like somebody barfed on it :muhaha:
90 Astro Cargo V-8
90 Artro RS - V-8 Now running!
& a bunch of tractors
"there's nothing like a V-8 Polluting the Environment"

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

I thought that the handicap placards were for physical handicaps not mental handicaps. This changes everything :-k , I will have to go see if I can obtain one.

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

sadly enough the van looks like a somewhat decent rig minus the dinos... it appears to have some decent wheels and tires, the visor and its a half panel... too bad its in the wrong hands!
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.