Shout out from Michigan

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Shout out from Michigan

Post by astrozam »

How can ya not feel happy for the newlywed couple after seeing this pic? Congrats Scott and Heather and welcome to ASV :supz:

91AWDAstro
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 91AWDAstro »

Welcome neigbor! Enjoy your van and have a great holiday!
---------
I don't understand all I know about that.
----------
Chris
91AWD 350
and a bunch of other wrecks...

Topic author
Mr Bean
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Mr Bean »

thanks you guys. feel very welcome! hope we can not only get great tips and help, but offer some too as we get to know our van better! thanks again! Merry Christmas!
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT
All about me, my girl, & our van with loads of pics:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5281

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Now, ain't that just precious!!!!!!!!!!! :muhaha: Man, you gotta love a gal that loves cars and knows how to handle a gun. :supz: All kidding aside,there's nothing better than finding the one and only solemate. I found mine in Cherie. Life would be a whole lot less without her.
Nice stable of vehicles, too. The van looks like it's in real good shape. Where in MI are you? I worked for a professional balloon company in Brighton. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

Smiliesafari wrote:Now, ain't that just precious!!!!!!!!!!! :muhaha: Man, you gotta love a gal that loves cars and knows how to handle a gun. :supz: All kidding aside,there's nothing better than finding the one and only solemate. I found mine in Cherie. Life would be a whole lot less without her.
Nice stable of vehicles, too. The van looks like it's in real good shape. Where in MI are you? I worked for a professional balloon company in Brighton. \:D/
thanks thanks and absolutely correct! my wife is my best friend...always will be. we are in St. Joseph/Stevensville...used to live in Novi/Livonia...my guess is brighton is the east side of the state?
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Brighton is just West of Detroit on I-96. I hope you realize you are in the state with the most lighthouses. And you live right on the shore. If you are interested, maritime history is very cool. Cherie and I are big into the lighthouse preservation movement. We are members of the Florida Lighthouse Assoc. We've visited something like 70 or 80 lighthouses all around the country. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

Smiliesafari wrote:Brighton is just West of Detroit on I-96. I hope you realize you are in the state with the most lighthouses. And you live right on the shore. If you are interested, maritime history is very cool. Cherie and I are big into the lighthouse preservation movement. We are members of the Florida Lighthouse Assoc. We've visited something like 70 or 80 lighthouses all around the country. \:D/
Very cool! We love lighthouses as you could probably tell from our wedding website...we would love to visit every lighthouse on Lake Michigan shores someday. We've seen quite a few with Heather growing up on the east shore and myself on the west shore. Sounds like you two are pretty serious into it! That's great!
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

kc5gxl
I get chills without my van.

Post by kc5gxl »

Just wanted to welcome you two to this forum, and to congratulate you on your lives together. :cheers:

This is a great site for just about anything Astro/Safari related. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Happy New Year, and life together,

Dan Harriman 91 Safari Shorty V8
Tyler Texas
If at first you don't succeed, maybe you shouldn't try sky diving!

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

WELCOME to "Our World" Scott & Heather, you have found the most informational StroFari site on the WWW.

We are a fun group of people, that enjoy to camp, tow toyz, go to van shows and modify StroFaris, plus have a fun time here, and we have All your answers also.....

Cruise around our site and have fun.....
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

SoCalli V8 wrote:WELCOME to "Our World" Scott & Heather, you have found the most informational StroFari site on the WWW.

We are a fun group of people, that enjoy to camp, tow toyz, go to van shows and modify StroFaris, plus have a fun time here, and we have All your answers also.....

Cruise around our site and have fun.....
Having fun already! Thanks for the warmest online welcome I've ever received! As for the answers, everyone does have them. Amazing...we love our van, and I love this club!
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Hi Scott! Welcome to the family!
My reply is a bit late but see if you can go for a bit more than 2" lift ... I honestly do not think you will regret it. I know you have the Toyota 4x4 but as your sig this vehicle will grow on you :) You might just replace that Toyota 4x4.
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

phr1$k37 wrote:
Hi Scott! Welcome to the family!
My reply is a bit late but see if you can go for a bit more than 2" lift ... I honestly do not think you will regret it. I know you have the Toyota 4x4 but as your sig this vehicle will grow on you :) You might just replace that Toyota 4x4.
lol...this might be true! Problem is, where on earth can i get a 4inch lift kit? Overland isn't doing them anymore as far as I know. sigh. also been eyeing Cummins 4BT's for a possible swap. anyway, too much to do right now including a ski trip in a couple of weeks....
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

Wait ... you mean the new owners for Overlandvans has shut down?
Or just not making the kits?
If you still can, order the torsion keys and shackle (this is not a must). Locally you can get the add-on springs for the rear + shackle if you want and the front you use blocks + keys ... or just crank on the torsion bars you already have which is what I did.
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Topic author
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

not sure about the status of Overland...but they don't answer my emails and the "For Sale" sign is still on the site...so haven't tried to call them as I've "heard" that they are no longer making kits that require welding. Could be hearsay. ok...i like whatever it is you are telling me...i'll pm you...
~Scott & Heather
2001 Astro AWD LT