engine revs itself

Matrixx
I am smitten with my van

Post by Matrixx »

Updates?????
96 Safari-500,000 Kilometers-92 Octane (Chevron)-Original Motor-Transmission-Cat-EGR-Starter-O2 Sensors Except 1-AirCared-Synthetic Blend in Engine and Transmission (Castrol Syntec for both) 3.73 Limited Slip rear end (Full Synthetic/Royal Purple 75/90w)-Michelin Latitudes (P215/75-15)&Munro Sensa-Trac shocks.

Topic author
stephanieASTRO
I am smitten with my van

Post by stephanieASTRO »

Sorry, I've been so busy this week and I've been trying to get a TBI tower. I wasn't sure if I should get it used or not, but I decided to go with new. So I'll pick one up hopefully on saturday, if there are none available then I would have to order one in. I haven't had a change to go over my van but I will on saturday. I'll check everything over. I've had to drive it on the highway and around town and the vans deffinetly dogging it. It's lost a lot of pep and spunk like it usually has.
1993 Chevy Astro EXT
4.3 V6 Z engine
my baby
(Boss)

1990 Chevy Astro cargo
small block 350
looking to convert to
electric
(Red)

2005 Chevy Astro Cargo
4.3 v6
(Whitey)

1994 Chevy Astro EXT (just bought)
mystery engine
(Moose)

Matrixx
I am smitten with my van

Post by Matrixx »

Hi stephanieASTRO
Thanks for the update, hopefully things will get fixed up. Could you let us know what happens? Thanks
96 Safari-500,000 Kilometers-92 Octane (Chevron)-Original Motor-Transmission-Cat-EGR-Starter-O2 Sensors Except 1-AirCared-Synthetic Blend in Engine and Transmission (Castrol Syntec for both) 3.73 Limited Slip rear end (Full Synthetic/Royal Purple 75/90w)-Michelin Latitudes (P215/75-15)&Munro Sensa-Trac shocks.

Topic author
stephanieASTRO
I am smitten with my van

Post by stephanieASTRO »

I can't believe this. I'm trying to get a TBI injector tower and I'm getting the run around... oh we can't get it in till next week, oh it'll be in on monday, oh it's $450., oh it's $375., no we don't sell them, go here, oh you'll have to go there, oh it's $25, oh $75, oh it's $1000.... I look on Pick-a-parts web site, they say thier open till 5:30pm, so me and Sanja drive all the way there, and arive at 5:00pm sharp. No we're closed, no one in at 5:00 (well they could have stated that on the web sit), it took us 2 hours to drive there and back for nothing. And I don't even know if they have TBI's there, they can't tell me ( they tell me to look for yourself)..... )>) so I'm still trying to find a part. ](*,) [-o< oh please please please, all I want is a TBI tower.
1993 Chevy Astro EXT
4.3 V6 Z engine
my baby
(Boss)

1990 Chevy Astro cargo
small block 350
looking to convert to
electric
(Red)

2005 Chevy Astro Cargo
4.3 v6
(Whitey)

mystery engine
(Moose)

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Post by Mr_Roboto »

stephanieASTRO wrote:I can't believe this. I'm trying to get a TBI injector tower and I'm getting the run around... oh we can't get it in till next week, oh it'll be in on monday, oh it's $450., oh it's $375., no we don't sell them, go here, oh you'll have to go there, oh it's $25, oh $75, oh it's $1000.... I look on Pick-a-parts web site, they say thier open till 5:30pm, so me and Sanja drive all the way there, and arive at 5:00pm sharp. No we're closed, no one in at 5:00 (well they could have stated that on the web sit), it took us 2 hours to drive there and back for nothing. And I don't even know if they have TBI's there, they can't tell me ( they tell me to look for yourself)..... )>) so I'm still trying to find a part. ](*,) [-o< oh please please please, all I want is a TBI tower.
By tower, you mean throttle body it's self or injectors/regulator? I can see if I have a throttle body lying around, yours for shipping if I've got it.

Topic author
stephanieASTRO
I am smitten with my van

Post by stephanieASTRO »

yeah the throttle body, I just found a guy about a half an hours drive away from me that has one. He said for me to call him later on tonight so we can set a time to come pick it up. He said he could give me the whole thing for $50. Or $25 for just the body. Thanks for the offering though, if in case I don't end up getting it, then I would be more then happy to buy it off you!

I will try and take a picture of the broken throttle body and post it up.
1993 Chevy Astro EXT
4.3 V6 Z engine
my baby
(Boss)

1990 Chevy Astro cargo
small block 350
looking to convert to
electric
(Red)

2005 Chevy Astro Cargo
4.3 v6
(Whitey)

mystery engine
(Moose)

Topic author
stephanieASTRO
I am smitten with my van

Post by stephanieASTRO »

now that I have taken the TBI apart for inspection and looked at were the crack goes, I just don't think it would have been the reason why the van's doing what it's doing. I figured it was that was because it happened around the time the van was surging. So once I get the new part put in, I can get the van running and check all the other parts. [img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h122/ ... ure007.jpg[/img][/img]
1993 Chevy Astro EXT
4.3 V6 Z engine
my baby
(Boss)

1990 Chevy Astro cargo
small block 350
looking to convert to
electric
(Red)

2005 Chevy Astro Cargo
4.3 v6
(Whitey)

mystery engine
(Moose)

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Post by v8famvan »

Steph, you & Sanja should have phoned me when you were in Chwk & not able to get into Pick-a-part (I know the 5:00 policy is a little screwy). I was just getting a few more parts for my current project & a seat for my van.
I think I have a couple of those throttle bodys laying around here & you can just have one.
PS: I agree with you on that crack not being the cause of the problem but from what you describe, I would agree with the theory of a possible vacuum leak.
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Post by Mr_Roboto »

If he can't get you a spare pod I've got one here, you'd have to re-use your regulator spring and put a rebuild kit into it. Not a biggie though.

Topic author
stephanieASTRO
I am smitten with my van

Post by stephanieASTRO »

Sorry James, we didn't have your phone number at the time. thats to bad I just picked one up. Well at less I know you guys all have them incase something goes wrong #-o ! Sunday I'm hopeing to get the van up and running.
1993 Chevy Astro EXT
4.3 V6 Z engine
my baby
(Boss)

1990 Chevy Astro cargo
small block 350
looking to convert to
electric
(Red)

2005 Chevy Astro Cargo
4.3 v6
(Whitey)

mystery engine
(Moose)

Topic author
stephanieASTRO
I am smitten with my van

Post by stephanieASTRO »

Ok, yesterday we did the TBI rebuild kit and put it all back together and started it up. It was idling normal. So far it hasn't serged at all like before, I started it up early early this morning to see if it would, cause it would most likely would do it when it's cold in the morning. It's idling fine but just to make sure I'll start it up again early tomorrow morning. So far so good \:D/
1993 Chevy Astro EXT
4.3 V6 Z engine
my baby
(Boss)

1990 Chevy Astro cargo
small block 350
looking to convert to
electric
(Red)

2005 Chevy Astro Cargo
4.3 v6
(Whitey)

mystery engine
(Moose)

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Thats good hopefully it'll keep running fine.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!