heyy quick question

Topic author
astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

heyy quick question

Post by astrosafari »

hey guys/girls...
im putting a new gas tank in the 96 astro, its all in and bolted up, but i think i may have my fuel lines connected wrong. i can hear the fuel pump running, but im pretty sure no fuel is getting to the motor..
the lines that bolt on, broke off so i just used hose clamps on it, this is why i think i made mistakes.

if some one could tell me which line does what and what order there in that would help a lot. i just remembered my friend gave me a pile of old astro shop manuals from the dealership he works at. ill have a skim through those as well.
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Re: heyy quick question

Post by Rebel »

If I'm not mistaken I believe one is larger than the other,,does that help ? You still have part of the tubing on the tank and part of your old lines still there, don't you ?
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by 1Gary »

Hope this helps.
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

no i took the rubber lines off and they got thrown out along with the original sending unit and old gas tank. it would be alot better if i still had that though. there are 4 different lines all different sizes

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

any more help would be really appreciated. im going to be stuck under this van in the driveway in the cold messing with fuel lines for hours.. this van is going to be my only ride to work for a while.. :bounce: