dutch rear door handle

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
fasted48
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

dutch rear door handle

Post by fasted48 »

96 Astro my new find!! My question is the handle on dutch doors, the same as the barn doors. I need to replace the whole unit license plate area and handle. Hope this in the right place to post. Newbie here,

FastEd

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Re: dutch rear door handle

Post by Moreforles »

looking for similar information.... both handles are broke on my "new to me" 2000 astro with barn doors. as they were on my safari with the dutch doors...
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Re: dutch rear door handle

Post by Moreforles »

Moreforles wrote:looking for similar information.... both handles are broke on my "new to me" 2000 astro with barn doors. as they were on my safari with the dutch doors...
I took the handle off my 88 door and put it on my my 2000, the left rear door, the hand is still there, but interior mechanism came off the post.... and looking at my dutch doors from the 96, they seem the same as the 2000
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)