PayPal scammers

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
thefrog747
I am smitten with my van

PayPal scammers

Post by thefrog747 »

I posted my van on Autotrader and got a hit from Bright Marins...to make a long story short he would pay me though PayPal. Ya , ya ....anyhow , after a few emails I got the one I was expecting. His " agent" needed pickup money and for me to Western Union it to "the agent". In my reply email I gave a phoney W/U number and guess what ? He emailed back saying the number needed 10 digits. Opps ....I emailed back some 10 digit number. I haven't got an email back but when I do I'm going to tell him I don't know whats going on...I HAVE my money for the van and someone picked it up !!! Hahahahaha

Be awear !!

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: PayPal scammers

Post by Cobra »

i remember kijiji posting info about scams going on involving western union i tend to meet the person to hand them the cash if i can but i don't shop on those sites often
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

Topic author
thefrog747
I am smitten with my van

Post by thefrog747 »

I knew it was a scam right off the hop but I thought I'd string him along for a bit. Gettin' kind of bored with it now though. LOL

rlsllc
I sleep in my van

Post by rlsllc »

If you like screwing with scammers, check this out: http://www.419eater.com/

CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by CaptSquid »

The ones I find most deplorable are those where they portray themselves as a member of the Armed Forces. I'll usually throw them off my scent by asking that they provide me with their name, rank, service number, unit and APO/FPO address. One sorry Sad Sack even e-mailed me a pix of "his" IL Driver's License and insisted that his surname was his front name. The really bad part was that he claimed that he was a "Captain of Marines" even though he was MY age. If he truly were a "Captain," he would have been booted out for failure to advance.
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I get anywhere from 6 to 10 Nigerian Inheritance scam letters each week. Several years ago I started adding all their email addresses to my contact list and when I got a new scam letter I'd forward it to all the other scammers. ](*,)
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

I honestly have never payed attention to the scammers. I have never noticed a scam in my email before either. This is probably because if I don't recognize the email address it's coming from I don't even open it. There a reason email software asks before opening outside links and blocking the display of pictures nowadays.

What I don't get is how people fall for these scams, They are blatantly obvious yet people still get scammed and you know people are or else they wouldn't still be sending out the emails and letters.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

potskie wrote: What I don't get is how people fall for these scams, They are blatantly obvious yet people still get scammed and you know people are or else they wouldn't still be sending out the emails and letters.
I agree, but about a year ago I saw a guy post a response on Craigslist asking about something that had been listed (and was then gone). It was some too-good-to-be-true ad like a customized $15K side-by-side ATV for $5K. I sent him an e-mail and told him it was a scam and to beware. I told him an easy way to tell is to take a snipit of the ad and Google it. If it comes up on numerous other Craigslist or Ebay, it's a scam. He thanked me for the info.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

Topic author
thefrog747
I am smitten with my van

Post by thefrog747 »

I got my last email from the scammer this morning. I sent 2 phoney Western Union numbers to him and his last email he wanted me to scan ( or is it SCAM !! LOL ) my receipt so he could mail it to his " agent". I'm now bored with his shit so I let him have it with both barrels....