OK I am here too!

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Merlin
I finally get the smurf thing

OK I am here too!

Post by Merlin »

Well here I am. This seems to be a good thing so far. I do hope that AS.com comes back like it was or even better. I know you all feel the same way. Learned a lot there and hope to learn more too. If not then let this site take off and be a Astro/Safari heaven. Now back to the van and sanding it. Dang I hate sanding. LOL

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

Welcome! It's nice to see the regulars as well as the newbies. There is no Astrosafari without the members...dang I'm starting to sound like a PBS commercial...

Are you sanding by hand? I bet that could be REAL tedious with all of the surface area offered by the standard Astro. If this is a project, feel free to post up. Oh and we still like pics :yawinkle:

Topic author
Merlin

I am here too

Post by Merlin »

Sanding every way there is but mostly by air power. I am shaving the darn things and changing the tail lights to Caddy style. I am still thinking on what to do with the slider maybe change it to a suicide style or weld it up and just do away with it. I am looking for a good set of dutch doors and all that I need to make them work on my 89 van. It is slow going but it will get done. Oh yeah the engine is coming out soon when the new V-8 gets back from the machine shop. Nothing real fancy just a nice 355 TBI to replace that six that is in there now. Back to the van, Later.

astrogurl

Post by astrogurl »

Sounds nice. As long as you plan on not crowding the back with anything (everything accessible from the back entrance), I'd weld the slider shut. But then I suppose this reply really belongs in the customized section :-$
03 "Pewter" Astro AWD stock
early 90s Astro currently under the knife