Add-a-Leaf questions.

FROM FIBERGLASS MONOLEAFS TO AIR BAGS, STOCK HEIGHT TO BODY SLAMMED, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFTS GO HERE.

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Re: Add-a-Leaf questions.

Post by Moreforles »

the new over the spring, helper leaf, lifted the back of the van enough that I don't hit my head on the rear hatch anymore.... =D>

even with all the equipment in it.... haven't filled the water tank yet to see how high it is with weight of additional 80+ gallons of water.
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Cobraearl
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Cobraearl »

Has anyone tried the Hellwig 550 kit or the Hellwig 815 kit?????? the 550 adds 550 lbs of weight capacity. the 815 kit adds 1500 lbs. both are simple bolt on with out dissassembling anything.

very affordable at $65.00 or $87.00. looks like simple do it yourself addition.

Im not trying to "LIFT" my van. just trying to get the arse up a inch or so because the arse is sagging compared to other stock vans ive seen... AND I want to increase the capacity as I often hall 6 or seven folks.

My rubber bumper in the rear suspension is hitting so often that the area it contacts is bright shinny.

earl
1999 Astro, 7 passenger,
MX6 Mazda,
1992 dakota with 266k,
Factory Five Cobra,
1978 gold wing,
1992 McGregor 26S (sail boat)

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Looks like these would work pretty good. They are adjustable too so you can get the desired carry capacity.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

I just saw this thread again. After nearly a year with the bags in my van I am very happy. I went with the bags as I was unsure as to how much abuse the shock mounts would take and I didn't want or need any surprises while towing my travel trailer. When I put the bags in I put them in so the van sat at normal height with no air in the the bags and the bags would be slightly compressed but could still go down another 2-3 inches. That way when I put in the minimum air it lifts the back of the van so it sits level. I had the same problem with the rubber bumpers hitting all the time.

I loaded the van up with 8 people all said probably a average weight of 180lbs each and put about 40-50psi in the bags and she rode nice. Soft enough to be comfy but no chance of bottoming out on speed bumps. With the on board compressor it is easy to adjust the bags when you start putting a load in it. It is also nice to be able to adjust the bags while driving so if the van has too much roll in the corners you can add a few pound and stiffen it up.

If your not running loaded all the time I would strongly recomend the Airlift system. With a full 100psi they will take 2000lbs and put the van back to level or higher. I have never run the bags up to full pressure without a load on. The most I have ever run is 80psi with the travel trailer on the back and the kids, dogs, wife and other camping essentials loaded in the van. You just have to remember to drain the bags before trying to crank the trailer off the hitch or the back of the van just keeps lifting. ](*,)
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.