baby seat anchor?

FROM HEADLINERS TO CARPETS, CUSTOM DASHES TO MOOD LIGHTING, IT GOES HERE.

Topic author
blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

baby seat anchor?

Post by blk lt awd »

hey guys, wondering if anyone knows where exactly the baby seat anchor mounts in the van? the manual is useless and just says that dealer can either do it for you or show you......
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/

Rotor
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Re: baby seat anchor?

Post by Rotor »

Anchors didn't get added until '02-03. The points are an anchor bar under each front seat for a rear facing child seat strap. The middle bench seat also has anchor points front and rear for baby seats.

Hope that helps.

Topic author
blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Post by blk lt awd »

Rotor wrote:Anchors didn't get added until '02-03. The points are an anchor bar under each front seat for a rear facing child seat strap. The middle bench seat also has anchor points front and rear for baby seats.

Hope that helps.
i did look under the middle bench to see if i could see the anchor bar as it was the only location that made sense however i didn't manage to see it. also there aren't any marking indicating it would be there as there are on newer vehicles. i'll stick my head under again or just pull out the damn seat and flip it over.........

would it make a difference that i have an LT? i don't think it should......

i never even dreamed of ever having a baby seat in the van...ever, always about customizing it...hahhah...how life changes..hahhah :yikes:
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

on my 99 there are anchor spots in the floor in the back corner by the doors. When I have my neice I just throw the seat in the back bench. But this could be a bit of a pain for everyday use and when the kids are very young. Once they were 2 or so it would work ok as they need less attention.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

tim k
I am smitten with my van

Post by tim k »

our 01 doesnt have anchor points we use lap belt in center bench
86 safari
96 astro cargo van
97 silverado (new toy)
01 awd safari

Topic author
blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Post by blk lt awd »

hey guys, i've flipped the seat over but there aren't any anchor bars under there.....also checked the rear of the van and no where to screw down an anchor either.....any other ideas?

i thought about wrapping the strap around the seat back itself and then hooking the seat into itself from underneath but i think that would defeat the purpose as the seat back is not a solid/stationary point....

i'll be using the three point belt but just feel paranoid to not using the hook that's on the seat....i've finally got the van insured and would love to take my little guy for a cruise.
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R

rlsllc
I sleep in my van

Post by rlsllc »

Passenger front seat: 937.5mm (36.90") to the rear measured from the rear seat bolts, 210mm (8.27") to the left measured from the right rear wheel housing

passenger middle seat: 822.0mm (32.4") back from rear seat bolts, 225,0mm (8.86") from from right rear wheel housing; Left middle seat: 863.0mm (33.97") to the left of the anchor for the right seat (add together to measure from wheel housing)

Second bench: far right: 996.5mm (39.19") back from center of rear floor mount, 271mm (10.67") from rear wheel housing, center position: 912.25mm (35.91") rearward from center of rear seat mount, 440.0mm (17.32") from anchor for right seat (there is no anchor point for the left middle position, prolly due to the fuel tank)

Rear bench: 392.25mm (15.44") from center of rear seat mount, Right position: 271.0mm (10.66") from right rear wheel housing; center position: 320.25mm (12.60")from right anchor; left position: 422.25mm (16.62") from center anchor

I have pics but can't scan them in right now. This is from a 1994 GM service manual, but should apply to all years since the floor never changed. The hole should be a 3/8", M8 bolt (3/8" hardened should work), sealer, 62mm (2 7/16")x 3mm (1/8" thick) washer under floor, tighten to 27 N-m (20 ft lbs). remove carpet and insulation from site, bolt to bare metal only.

Use at your own risk, CYA.