so how many Original Owners?

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
batmo
I sleep in my van

so how many Original Owners?

Post by batmo »

now that our vans are NLA I was wondering who all here might be original owners of them (bought one brand new and still own it)

not me but I might be the longest running owner, same van since '90 but have had a couple of other newer ones that I didnt hang onto.

so how many original owners? what year, total milage etc.?

thanks

6spd_monte
I sleep in my van

Re: so how many Original Owners?

Post by 6spd_monte »

Well, my parents bought it brand new and although they have given it to me they are still the registered owners as far as the DMV is concerned. So..... does that count?
-James

1987 LT
249,000 miles

Topic author
batmo
I sleep in my van

Post by batmo »

6spd_monte wrote:Well, my parents bought it brand new and although they have given it to me they are still the registered owners as far as the DMV is concerned. So..... does that count?
I'd say it does. I know the original owner of mine and remember when he bought it new so Im pretty much as close to the original owner as you can get without being one.

he used to ask me if I still owned the van but after about 15 years he just asks me what else Ive done to it.

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

While mine hasn't been on the road in more than 3 yrs, I did buy it brand new in '96. And even though I haven't worked on it much in those 3 yrs, I wouldn't consider selling it.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

6spd_monte wrote:Well, my parents bought it brand new and although they have given it to me they are still the registered owners as far as the DMV is concerned. So..... does that count?
in a similar boat, my dad called me back in 04 to ask if I wanted my mother's van as she'd gone blind in one eye and couldn't drive anymore. It barely ran when I got it with 83K on the dial. I fixed one thing, then another then found the old AS site and wound up here. 142K on the odometer and ugly as sin, but running like a top.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Southern
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Southern »

I am the original owner of my 92 Astro with 199700 miles. I would say that I got my monies worth. I have the original engine, trans and fuel pump.
92 Astro Conversion Van 2WD
Vin Z Engine
Eaton Posi

blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Post by blk lt awd »

i've had mine since brand new. the plastic was still on everything when i picked her up. straight off the carrier and she was put into pdi for me. love at first sight.....ahhhhh memories. hahah. believe it or not she's only got around 70,000 kms on her. summer driven usually to shows and back only and sunday night cruises.
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/

LaGrasta
I sleep in my van

Post by LaGrasta »

bought it new in October of 1997.
1998 Astro, 246,000 miles

K&N air filter
TruCool trans cooler
2" Overland lift & 15" BFG Terrain, 3.73 gears
JET Performance SCU-2000 (Speed Control Unit)
Gabriel Ultra shocks, rear AirLift bags & sway bar
Draw-Tite Dual Port Hitch System, hitch-mounted bike rack (4), hitch-mounted cargo tray, Thule roof-mounted cargo box

chevymaher
I get chills without my van.

Post by chevymaher »

batmo wrote:
I'd say it does. I know the original owner of mine and remember when he bought it new so Im pretty much as close to the original owner as you can get without being one.

he used to ask me if I still owned the van but after about 15 years he just asks me what else Ive done to it.
Mine in this catagory mom got it new and I got it now
Image90 astro parts van gone.94 safari SLE.68 chevelle SS clone.

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

not the original owner, but ive owned it for 9 of its 12 years of existence. and put 170,000+ of its 196,000 miles on it.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.