Solar Safari

Post photos, video of your van

Lumpy
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Solar Safari

Post by Lumpy »

batmo wrote:
...Kyocera is THE top name in solar panels and they are guaranteed for 20 years including for RV/Marine use.

are you considering something for the van?...
I am now. Thanks a lot.. :cheers:

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

http://www.n0eq.com

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

so what do those panels cost?
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

niagaradood
I am smitten with my van

Post by niagaradood »

I have a 17' travel trailer (full height, not pop-up) that has a dry weight of 2775 lbs. by the time I add all the needed gear for a fishing trip the gross weight is well over 3000 lbs. first time I dragged it, I noticed that the engine temp started climbing. so I got out and started checking things over, I could smell trans fluid starting to cook (glad I was only going a total of 20 kms for the test trip..). when I got it home, I took the van in for service and talked to my oil guy about installing a better transmission cooler. he started spouting off about Amsoil full synthetic trans fluid. I'm not here to push Amsoil on anyone, but he told me to try it instead of an extra cooler. I told him I'd try it as long as he agreed to install the new cooler for me for free, including the price of the cooler. well, I can honestly say that he was right (and I hate having to admit I was wrong.. grrr.. ). I've logged quite a few trips with the trailer behind me, on both flat roads and northern Ontario mountain type roads and it runs cold.. doesn't get hot, don't smell the trans fluid cooking.
when the rear diff fluid is due for it's next change, it's getting the full synthetic fluid is going in there too..
again, I'm not a dealer, service tech, not affiliated with the above mentioned company, but it's worked great for me. I seriously recommend to anyone driving a Strofari with more than 200,000 km (120,000 miles) to convert your vehicle to a GOOD full synthetic.. there are lots of them out there, Mobile 1, Royal Purple and lots of others.. it will improve mileage, run cooler, and extend the life of the engine.
ok, that's my rant, I'm done now.. lol
Mike
aka niagaradood
Why hello there stress... Nice to see you again... You might want to make yourself comfortable... You will be here for a while!!
current list of wheels:
1998 Chev Astro, 4.3 stock, tow package, leather, duel power seats, power everything else.
1977 Master Coach 17' travel trailer, origionally slept 6, now sleeps 4, 19" LCD flat screen, dvd, over the air digital HD.