95 Safari Pinout diagram?

USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS SUCH AS WIRE COLOR CODES, BLOWING FUSES OR WIRING SHORTS.

Topic author
Gordon
I finally get the smurf thing

95 Safari Pinout diagram?

Post by Gordon »

Ok so i finally put a TBI 5.7L into my 95 CPI van.

Not sure how many people have done this swap but i'm having a BIG issue.

Got everything in and hooked up "exactly" the way Lockdoc did BUT if i hook injector 2 into A9 on the ECU it sprays sooo much fuel it stalls the engine so for now its stumbling along on 1 injector only.

Can you tie the 2 injectors together or will that burn out the circuit / ecu / relay?

The engine is a 5.7L from a 88 Suburban with a 2wd 700r4 trans.
Wiring is original to the 95 4.3L CPI engine.
ECU is from a 95 1/2 ton truck with 5.7L and 4L60E trans.

Someone please help me find a pinout for the ECU either for the 95 safari or the 95 1/2 ton...or just tell me how to fix this injector issue.

Thanks so much,
Gordon
1995 GMC Safari 5.7L RICE EATER... MUHAHAHAHA

Lumpy
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: 95 Safari Pinout diagram?

Post by Lumpy »

Gordon wrote: ...
Someone please help me find a pinout for the ECU either for the 95 safari or the 95 1/2 ton...
I don't know anything about doing the swap, or about injectors generally, but when I was tracking down some pinouts for my 89 ECU, I found Chilton's software based manual at my local public library. They were good diagrams, actually readable, unlike a lot of the hard copy schematics found in the back of most manuals. The Haynes diagrams are pretty useless for their tiny scale. But the software Chilton's allows you to blow up the image to a size that allows you to tell which little black line is which. Gives typical voltages found at each pin as well as typical wire insulation gauge/color.

Maybe that'll help get started, at least.

Lump

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: 95 Safari Pinout diagram?

Post by mdmead »

Along the same lines, you might try a subscription to Alldata for one or both vehicles. I have one for our Ford Focus and did have one for the 5.3L engine donor for my van's swap. The first subscription is full price, but additional ones are discounted. I don't recall prices but a trip to alldatadiy.com would probably show them.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!